Basic upper leg workouts.

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Basic upper leg workouts.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 10:18 Quote
Hi. I'm after some basic upper leg workouts to help conquer fatigue in the quads on long techy descents where you're out of the saddle for a long time. Also for flat pedally sections. I know riding more is probably best, but i'm 2 hours away from the nearest DH trails.

Just something basic i can do at home if there is anything.

Thanks.

Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 11:37 Quote
The answer to this is very simple: Squats.

If you're doing this at home, try to do some goblet squats: Pick up a fairly heavy object and start squatting!

Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 13:37 Quote
timoped wrote:
The answer to this is very simple: Squats.

If you're doing this at home, try to do some goblet squats: Pick up a fairly heavy object and start squatting!

Cheers mate. I'll give them a bash ;D

Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 18:15 Quote
As said, do squats.

Lunges are good too, and can also help free up your hip flexors if they are tight (which often happens from from too much time sitting in chairs, as many of us end up doing at work).

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 7:04 Quote
Gravelben wrote:
As said, do squats.

Lunges are good too, and can also help free up your hip flexors if they are tight (which often happens from from too much time sitting in chairs, as many of us end up doing at work).

Cheers dude. I'm on it already. I did 3 sets of 10 goblet squats with 10kg dumbell and 3 sets of 10 (left + right) lunges with 10kg and can feel my quads today, so that's a good sign. I'll build up gradually.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 10:50 Quote
Good to hear that. Keep on with it. In weeks/months you'll notice a positive change regarding your quad fatigue. Remember to also increase weight in the long run, not only reps and sets.

Posted: Feb 21, 2022 at 10:58 Quote
Squat jumps and skater jumps 30seconds on/30 off along with heavy squats have helped my upper quad fatigue immensely.

Posted: Apr 28, 2022 at 5:15 Quote
Recommendations for strength training in addition to cycling training include two days of high intensity workouts maxing out weight where you can achieve 3 sets of 4 to 10 reps.
Concentrate on form and building yourself up to this max weight Safely.
And plan for true rest days. proper nutrition is vital.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 9:34 Quote
I've got a strange perspective to this as I'm coming to cycling from 10 years of competing at the pro level in powerlifting...

Most guys are dead-on with squats. Varying your stance wider or narrower within reason, as well as the angle of your feet while squatting will change which muscle groups get hit hardest.
Don't be afraid of 20 rep+ sets.

The other side of this is that on top of building work capacity in your quads, you can strengthen things like your medial glutes to more efficiently stabilize your knees, which lets your quads work more efficiently with what they already have. No joke, add in some 80's ladies lying leg lifts, like Jane Fonda a few times a week....

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005680
Mobile Version of Website