Help with replacing DJ drivetrain

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Help with replacing DJ drivetrain
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 21:30 Quote
Hey there everyone,

I’ve been researching for specs on my frame but Ive not had much luck confirming anything. I have a 2018 NS Movement 3. I would like to do the following:
- Find a “bmx” style pivotal seat post that fits in the frame without a shim. Bonus brownie points for stealth-pivotal
- put “bmx” cranks + chainring on frame. (Please advise bottom bracket)

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 9:15 Quote
Looks like universal cycles has 1 30.9 left in stock. I'm pretty sure it threads in from the bottom because the gusset seat doesn't have a slit in the top.
edit: actually I think you can thread it from the top or bottom.
Gusset seatpost

I don't know much about the box bb since I'm running mtb cranks. Octane one makes a bb for a 19mm spindle. There's probably some other good ones out there too, maybe look at profile racing.

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 9:26 Quote
stanimal42 wrote:
Looks like universal cycles has 1 30.9 left in stock. I'm pretty sure it threads in from the bottom because the gusset seat doesn't have a slit in the top.
edit: actually I think you can thread it from the top or bottom.
Gusset seatpost

I don't know much about the box bb since I'm running mtb cranks. Octane one makes a bb for a 19mm spindle. There's probably some other good ones out there too, maybe look at profile racing.

Do you know what size most dirt jumper bottom brackets are? Maybe I should start there.
There’s like 4 different size seat post too. I’m just trying to figure out which one. My bike currently has a pivotal but the seat post is a smaller size and the previous owner put a slip on OVER the top of the post to make the size bigger to fit in the seat stay. I want the correct size so there is no reducer or spacer

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 10:09 Quote
Your seat post is 30.9 and BB is 68mm threaded. Here's a link to the frame specs
2018 NS movement

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 18:22 Quote
stanimal42 wrote:
Your seat post is 30.9 and BB is 68mm threaded. Here's a link to the frame specs
2018 NS movement

Duuuddeee! Thank you for clearing that up!!

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 17:42 Quote
You can run an Odyssey Euro BB. They are inexpensive and work fine. Then you can get BMX cranks. Check Danscomp and Albes BMX
I went from MTB cranks to BMX and like them. Super stiff and bomb ass chain rings 22T for my 10T driver

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 20:07 Quote
mustbeme wrote:
You can run an Odyssey Euro BB. They are inexpensive and work fine. Then you can get BMX cranks. Check Danscomp and Albes BMX
I went from MTB cranks to BMX and like them. Super stiff and bomb ass chain rings 22T for my 10T driver

Ya. Thank for the input. Greatly appreciated. Moving over from bmx and the first thing I noticed on the new dirt jumper is my front wheel hits the top of my shoe when throwing barspins. Need to get some 165 on

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 7:44 Quote
In case your not familiar with a BMX style bb set, make sure you use the internal spacer, and correct width. Bearings tend to bind up otherwise.

(Note: I'm not familiar myself with non-bmx threaded bb's, so might be the same)

Posted: Mar 13, 2022 at 11:00 Quote
THANK YOU ALL for the help!!

I’ll post some pictures here below and the parts list for the next person trying the same thing.

- Demolition External Euro BB (19mm)
- Cult Crew Cranks (165mm)
- Salt Pro Sprocket (25t)
- Odyssey Twisted Pro PC pedals

Reference: dirt jumper DJ NS NSbikes movement bottom bracket bmx cranks zircus

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007377
Mobile Version of Website