Vintage bike pricing

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
Vintage bike pricing
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 16:04 Quote
I have a 1992 Cannondale r800. I currently ride mountain bikes and not really into road biking. The bike is in good shape with minimal scratches. Any ideas on how much it would sell for?

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 15:38 Quote
Michael-co wrote:
I have a 1992 Cannondale r800. I currently ride mountain bikes and not really into road biking. The bike is in good shape with minimal scratches. Any ideas on how much it would sell for?

This totally depends on your local market and the Covid19 price bump. In my market that would go for around $300 CDN pre Covid. Now people are probably asking close to $800. No idea if anyone is paying that kind of money for such old technology.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 16:27 Quote
dirttorpedo wrote:
Michael-co wrote:

This totally depends on your local market and the Covid19 price bump. In my market that would go for around $300 CDN pre Covid. Now people are probably asking close to $800. No idea if anyone is paying that kind of money for such old technology.
Thanks for the help! The problem about the local market is I’ve never seen any on Facebook or even Pinkbike.

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 8:18 Quote
Figure $200-$300. Pricing is also seasonal, don't expect to sell it for top dollar if it isn't riding weather.

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 12:40 Quote
eshew wrote:
Figure $200-$300. Pricing is also seasonal, don't expect to sell it for top dollar if it isn't riding weather.
Good point, I’m planning to sell sometime in the spring or summer.

Posted: Feb 14, 2022 at 9:59 Quote
Michael-co wrote:
dirttorpedo wrote:
Michael-co wrote:

Thanks for the help! The problem about the local market is I’ve never seen any on Facebook or even Pinkbike.

Look for comps on other 92 vintage aluminum bikes - Cannondales aren't rare. I'd consider them on par with similarly spec'd Treks and Specialized bikes of that time period.

Posted: May 1, 2022 at 8:35 Quote
I have a 1983 Celo Europa in good condition that I want to sell to someone who appreciates this kind of rare classic. How do I reach potential buyers and what would be a fair asking price?

Posted: May 3, 2022 at 14:51 Quote
Here's my take on the vintage mtb market. As more interest in the desirable and collectable bikes in this market grows so will the prices. People such as myself aren't indulging in these bike to go out and thrash them like we might have 20 plus years ago it is a chance to own the bikes that were a pipe dream and out of reach for lot of us back in the mid 80's through the 90's. It's also an era of hot rod hard tails that were made in the U.S.A. with the steel and aluminum coming from within. It's an era of craftsman ship,brazing, and beautiful hands on welding. Just look at the welds on. 6061 GT Zaskar...(I know I have one) friggin works of art! You had to be part of the era to appreciate that to understand and appreciate that. The most recent Sea Otter event hosted a vintage ride with Tom Richey. The interest in these bikes and period correct after market parts with all the cool colored anodizing and, once again made in America, will continue to grow just like the muscle car market did, vintage motocross bikes did and hell even vintage skate boards and surf boards....old guys like me like to reconnect with their past.....

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 15:36 Quote
MHearlybird wrote:
I have a 1983 Celo Europa in good condition that I want to sell to someone who appreciates this kind of rare classic. How do I reach potential buyers and what would be a fair asking price?

I'm not familiar with the brand. What market are you selling it in, what tubeset is the frame made with, what groupset is it built with and what is the overall condition of the bike?

Ebay is generally the best place to market a super rare bike that you want to get top $ for.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011258
Mobile Version of Website