2022 chameleon

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
2022 chameleon
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 22:22 Quote
Purchased a 2022 chameleon 29er but want to make full 27.5+ bike. I know the tire will fit in the back but what can someone recommend for the fork? Keep it stock or get a bigger fork ? I was looking at a 140mm fox fork.

Posted: Mar 14, 2022 at 22:26 Quote
andrewZBNuJW wrote:
Purchased a 2022 chameleon 29er but want to make full 27.5+ bike. I know the tire will fit in the back but what can someone recommend for the fork? Keep it stock or get a bigger fork ? I was looking at a 140mm fox fork.

I've been going nuts checking out the new Chameleons. So I can't find anyone local w/an XL frame, yellow, AL D build in stock. Had to end up ordering and now I'm STILL having to wait, but supposedly only for another 6-7 weeks. We'll see...

So I know the "MX" already has those dropouts on the chainstays for the mullet set-up, so you're likely in business as far as the rear goes. I THINK(?) if you're modding the front to go full 27.5 that you'd have to go up to 150mm travel in the fork. Don't take my advice too literally but I think I remember reading that somewhere. What build did you get? Meaning, which forks did you have on your 29er?

I wanted Rockshox, got the lesser expensive D build so after I upgrade a few other things maybe I'll go to a heftier Rockshox a 35mil stanchion maybe or something. Have the PIKEs on my Stumpy and love them.

So you enjoying the bike? I really didn't get a chance to feel it out but my instincts were all over getting this thing. I also test rode a Kona Honzo but it didn't want me on it like the Chameleon does.

~JSV

Posted: Mar 16, 2022 at 10:26 Quote
andrewZBNuJW wrote:

How plus do you want to go in front? I think most forks will accomodate a 2.8-3.0 tire, you shouldn't have to spring for a new fork.

Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 17:43 Quote
I'd like to hear from others that got one of these. This bike is InnnnnnnnnnnnnnnSANE!!!

I ended up getting a full 29er "AL D" build w/the FOX 34's in XL. I kinda' prefer Rockshox and love the PIKE's on my Stumpy, but these started impressing me once I got a little more PSI in there than I thought they'd need. Have them feeling almost like my PIKEs as far as responsiveness. After the fact, these actually are a good match for this bike.

I haven't even taken this to the gNaRLy stuff yet. Rode some simple dirt trails w/a couple friends, even used it on the road a couple times--and I'm in love. I couldn't have picked a better hardtail.

It's funny, maybe it's the shorter chainstays (which ARE adjustable), but when you're really moving on this thing it doesn't "feel" like it's that slack. It's a very responsive bike. I took it up and down stairs, a few dirtmounds, some rooty sh*t, and it's SO solid. I watched some reviews saying it was a little "unforgiving" but seriously I didn't feel that from it. No more than any other quality hardtail.

I'll post some pics once the full accessories have all been installed. There's a couple on my profile:
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/ScaryGuiTarS/album/All/

And the day I brought it home I even had a little party for it, complete with CAKE and CHAMPAGNE!
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/ScaryGuiTarS/blog/bike-party-its-not-what-you-think.html

I'll show you mine if you show me yours...

~JSV

Posted: May 14, 2022 at 13:39 Quote
Congrats on the purchase. I have been lusting after a Chameleon for a year now. I bought a Bronson but I really miss riding a hardtail on most of my rides. It looks like such a fun bike.

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 0:39 Quote
OjaiX5 wrote:
Congrats on the purchase. I have been lusting after a Chameleon for a year now. I bought a Bronson but I really miss riding a hardtail on most of my rides. It looks like such a fun bike.

Hey congrats to YOU! Bronson's a great all around bike. tup Love those and love the Hightowers.

Needed to go to a truly serious hardtail. If I didn't spring for the extra $$ going to the next build I would've had to wait months for another XL. Given my current situation--couldn't do it. Seriously no regrets though, this thing is even far better than I could've expected it to be. The 32t chainring and the 200mm rotors really did improve the comfort level for me.

I'm sincere when I was saying it's the best hardtail ride I've ever had. I think I even like this stock Tellis dropper better than the dropper on my Stumpy.

Just n00dling around in the woods paths around Fresh Pond feeling out my new Deity bars set-up. Got my ProGuard bolt-on front fender now and my OneUp 70cc EDC pump. Getting there....

~JSV

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006197
Mobile Version of Website