Bike GPS Computer

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Bike GPS Computer
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 2:36 Quote
I am looking for a bike gps. Something the size of a Garmin Edge 830 - 1.9” x 3.2” x 0.8” (50.0 x 82.0 x 20.0 mm)
But without all the bells and whistle's.
All I want it is:
Be able to upload Trailfork routes to the device
The device displays the map, the route and my position
Nothing else
Not interested in syncing with Strava, my speed, heartrate etc

Recommendations most welcome

thanks in advance

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 4:10 Quote
As far as i remember only garmin 830 and 1030.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 4:13 Quote
Lezyne Mega XL has some gps functions but no trailforks ...

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 8:12 Quote
TimPentz wrote:
I am looking for a bike gps. Something the size of a Garmin Edge 830 - 1.9” x 3.2” x 0.8” (50.0 x 82.0 x 20.0 mm)
But without all the bells and whistle's.
All I want it is:
Be able to upload Trailfork routes to the device
The device displays the map, the route and my position
Nothing else
Not interested in syncing with Strava, my speed, heartrate etc

Recommendations most welcome

thanks in advance

I think you're going to have to suffer with some bells and whistles in order to get a GPS bike computer that does what you want.

Look at the Garmin 830 or the Wahoo Roam if you specifically want Trailforks app compatibility.

If you are more tech savvy you can use older, less capable GPS devices with fewer bells and whistles to do the same thing. You simply have to create your route/course/track in any website you prefer (Trailforks site for instance), then save it and export it as a GPX file. Then transfer the GPX file to the bike computer that will accept GPX files. Then open the file as a "course", "track" or "route" (depending on the language of the bike computer) and - voila - you'll have what you're seeking - no Trailforks compatibility required.

FYI - all GPS bike computers show speed, so I don't know how you can get away from that bell/whistle. And a bike computer will only show your heartrate if you have paired a heartrate monitor to the device - if you don't want to see your HR data then just don't wear a HR monitor.

Good luck.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005525
Mobile Version of Website