Orbea rise Fox float x2 or coil

PB Forum :: eMTB
Orbea rise Fox float x2 or coil
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 16:48 Quote
Hi everyone. Patiently waiting for my Orbea Rise and was hoping to put a 160mm fork up front but has anyone added an x2 or DOx2 coil in the rear? If so, any modifications? Thank you

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 23:16 Quote
mbuck45 wrote:
Hi everyone. Patiently waiting for my Orbea Rise and was hoping to put a 160mm fork up front but has anyone added an x2 or DOx2 coil in the rear? If so, any modifications? Thank you

Have a friend with a Crane Creek DB Kitsuma coil shock on his medium Rise. Loves it and mounted up with no issues. Also has a 160mm travel Zeb on it.

Posted: Feb 22, 2022 at 12:06 Quote
My rise comes Friday and i will be putting a DVO Diamond on the front at 160 and testing it with a DVO JadeX coil and a DPX2 since the shock is the same as my ripmo so can try a bunch of options and move them between bikes.

Posted: Feb 25, 2022 at 14:46 Quote
I I switched from air to spring and it made a world of difference for me. Riding much faster and with more confidence.

To each their own but for me the equalizer in the air vs coil debate was the advent of the Sprindex coil. Its progressive and ajustable for weight so it provides a broader range of tunability than a standard coil but I would say not as much as you have with an air shock. So if you are confidant that you will be within 25%-30% of your selected spring for your weight you will be good.

Posted: May 3, 2022 at 16:25 Quote
What size coil shock is needed to get 160 in the back? I have an xl coming in a week

Posted: May 3, 2022 at 16:30 Quote
cornelius wrote:
What size coil shock is needed to get 160 in the back? I have an xl coming in a week

8.5"x2.5" stroke shock, but you'll need to run an offset bushing for clearance.

Posted: May 3, 2022 at 18:51 Quote
Due to the shock yoke, this is not a frame I would put a coil on, unless it was a Push 11-6 or EXT e-storia due to the larger shaft, which most honestly wish they had.

Posted: May 4, 2022 at 6:30 Quote
its neither of the options listed, but i just put in a 210/55 manitou mara pro and its amazing. I have an 2019 X2 on another bike and the mara blows it out of the water.

Posted: May 4, 2022 at 15:36 Quote
REZEN wrote:
Due to the shock yoke, this is not a frame I would put a coil on, unless it was a Push 11-6 or EXT e-storia due to the larger shaft, which most honestly wish they had.

I would agree, especially with the weight of an e-bike...

Posted: May 4, 2022 at 18:12 Quote
REZEN wrote:
...due to the larger shaft, which most honestly wish they had.

Sorry, my childish sense of humour couldn't resist! Beer

Posted: May 4, 2022 at 22:48 Quote
I would say it's more shaft material rather than girth (lol) with the yoke and a coil.
Ohlins and kitsuma, steel. Others alloy.
I wouldn't be fitting anything from fox on my bike though.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005819
Mobile Version of Website