Oakley Airbrake MTB replacement lens

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Oakley Airbrake MTB replacement lens
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 20:22 Quote
I just bought some Airbrake MTB goggles, but can't find any replacement lens options. Oakley very vaguely replied that they don't currently offer any on their site. Has anyone tried to put an MX lens into an MTB goggle frame? I'm awaiting a clarifying response from Oakley. But I thought I'd see if anyone here has had the same issue? Thanks in advance for any info. Cheers!

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 7:30 Quote
I seriously doubt that Oakley will give any advice on putting a 3rd party lens on their goggles for liability reasons.

Just give it a shot and if it doesn't fit then you'll know.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 8:18 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
I seriously doubt that Oakley will give any advice on putting a 3rd party lens on their goggles for liability reasons.

No 3rd party, Oakley makes an Airbrake goggle in 2 models, the MX, and the MTB. They seem to be almost identical. I’m curious if anyone tried to put the mx lens on the mtb frame, since no mtb model replacement lens seems to exist, but 4 lens options for the mx.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 8:36 Quote
The MX and MTB Airbrake lenses are the same. Only thing different between the two models of Airbrake goggles is the foam used for ventilation.

The Airbrake MTB allows for much more air flow than the Airbrake MX due to the difference in speeds you will be riding. For years there used to be only the MX version which works fine for mountain biking but at slower speeds can start to fog up.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 8:47 Quote
DugS wrote:
The MX and MTB Airbrake lenses are the same. Only thing different between the two models of Airbrake goggles is the foam used for ventilation.

The Airbrake MTB allows for much more air flow than the Airbrake MX due to the difference in speeds you will be riding. For years there used to be only the MX version which works fine for mountain biking but at slower speeds can start to fog up.

Thanks!

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 9:29 Quote
Bleeder wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:

No 3rd party, Oakley makes an Airbrake goggle in 2 models, the MX, and the MTB. They seem to be almost identical. I’m curious if anyone tried to put the mx lens on the mtb frame, since no mtb model replacement lens seems to exist, but 4 lens options for the mx.

Ah - I see now. Thanks for the education.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005232
Mobile Version of Website