Best Time of Year for Fernie

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Best Time of Year for Fernie
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 14:41 Quote
What time of year is best to visit Fernie for mountain biking? When is all the snow melted and the trails are ready to rock?

If the border is open this summer I would like to get up there for a week and check out the town/area.

Anyone work at the Elkview mine? I'm gonna stop in there and see about employment opportunities. There's nothing keeping me here and the winters look amazing in Fernie, want to check out the summer life/weather.

Thank you for any info.

Posted: Feb 17, 2022 at 13:50 Quote
I have heard that June is a good time to ride in Fernie and I have personally been there in September and the riding was prime then. July and August can be dry and dusty. I hope this helps.

Posted: Mar 9, 2022 at 10:01 Quote
fathomtrials2you wrote:
I have heard that June is a good time to ride in Fernie and I have personally been there in September and the riding was prime then. July and August can be dry and dusty. I hope this helps.

It does! Thank you!

Hopefully border restrictions maintain their direction

Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 22:05 Quote
June can be wet, depends on the year, sometimes it can be awesome... snow starts to clear mid /late April on lower trails, mid June on higher trails
Riding is pretty great all summer and into the fall, it can get dusty on some trails, but other trails are fine.
Winter fat biking is world class, lots of single-track as well as fully groomed flow trails with huge berms and big table jumps. Other towns in the area are stepping up their trail game as well, good riding early season in Cranbrook, more trails opening up in Sparwood, and Crowsnest Pass across the Alberta border is amazing and not that well known (yet).

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005652
Mobile Version of Website