The Official Poor Peoples Thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
The Official Poor Peoples Thread
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 6:36 Quote
if the girlfriend is worth being with you dont need to spend a fortune on her, shell stay with ya whether your minted or not.

use your head when buying and selling, their is always bargains to be had. i saw an 07 sunday world cup go on ebay recently for 1800 us dollars. if you live outside america try buying from the yank now because the dollar is sooo cheap at the moment.

look out for demo bikes at your local bike shops, especially at the end of the year. maybe ask if the shop can get a model from the previous year, you can get huge discount on older models. a sick bike this year is still a sick bike next year.

as far as good jobs go try workin for the government at odd hours of the day or at weekends. they pay double time in some places, triple time sometimes. or just a really good wage per hour. this is true in ireland anyway, but check it out, wherever your from. i have a mate earnin 18 euros an hour for cleanin floors in a hospital on weekends. that is a serious wage for a part timer in irreland. or try get a job in your LBS, some will give great reductions for their staff, i get stuff at trade price, plus you save money on labour charges and you always have access to a full toolbox.

at the end of the day though, earning it yourself will make you appreciate a good bike when you do scrape the pennys together and get one

happy trails

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 11:45 Quote
im 14, have no job, but have a really nice ns suburban and iron horse kumichio, its just all about managing ya money, and you dont need gf. girls are only good for shagging, get pissed then get off with a lass problem solved no gf needed

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 11:50 Quote
YakuzaRider wrote:
im 14, have no job, but have a really nice ns suburban and iron horse kumichio, its just all about managing ya money, and you dont need gf. girls are only good for shagging, get pissed then get off with a lass problem solved no gf needed
agreed, no point in having a gf at this age, its not like its going anywhere...unless you really want one and blow you money on social events and shit

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 12:55 Quote
-pie- wrote:
YakuzaRider wrote:
agreed, no point in having a gf at this age, its not like its going anywhere...unless you really want one and blow you money on social events and shit
a suppose its gaurenteed sex tho lol

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 14:51 Quote
^^^^ not if your 14. at least not in reality

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 11:49 Quote
haha
someone had to say it.
what area are you from in england that 14 year old girls want to shag 14 year old boys?
its more common for girls your age to be going out with 20 year olds
lol

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 19:12 Quote
YakuzaRider wrote:
wtf of coarse

not actual sex... just kid playing
you'll learn the real thing around 19 / 20 yrs old..Beer Beer

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 15:46 Quote
georgethebiker wrote:
nishnash wrote:
yeh u can actually. sum nice 11buks an hour jobs a starbucks doing stock and what not
starbucks cofee
yeh, the starbucks in vancouver is booming, there are 2 starbucks stores every block in downtown, its fukin insane

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 15:59 Quote
schwimble wrote:
^^^^ not if your 14. at least not in reality

Yeah, really! You're 14!

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 16:04 Quote
no ones poor on pink bike becuase to go on pink bike u need a computer god people stop complaining

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 16:09 Quote
ya but what kid pays for their internet. and poor isnt poor and cant afford anything i think he means poor as in you cant afford wat you want when you work real hard for it cuz of other stuf

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 16:10 Quote
gmanbam857 wrote:
So how many just sit there and drool over 6000 dollar bikes that you really want or 1000 forks? But you can't get them cause your always broke spending money on repairs and your girlfriend. UGH I HATE BEING A KID WITH NO MONEY!!!!!

if she loved you enough she wouldnt care about you buying her things Big Grin dont mean to cause an argument between anyone here but thats just what i think ...

solutions :
part time job?
ebay lol always good for making some £$£$

But yeah i'm in debt just now and wish i had bikes i cant afford

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 16:14 Quote
yeh go to a thrift store, police auction or consignment store and buy old antique looking things and sell them on ebay, majour profits man.

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 16:18 Quote
need to sell my dh bike for my hardtail. thers not alot of dh riding around us so it was a bit pointlss but i still would prefer too keep it... Frown and i have a part time job too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021481
Mobile Version of Website