Stumpjumper upgrade

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 31, 2022 at 16:00 Quote
I’m looking to upgrade the rear shock on my 2021 stumpjumper alloy. It currently has a stock x fusion shock. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 10:38 Quote
What frame? Stroke is different on the s1.
What you want? More adjustments?
I’m not the best with rear shocks, first see what fits, what’s your eye to eye and stroke, decide if you want coil or air. Note some frames can’t fit certain shocks I think yours has some limitations.

If your not racing or an expert sometimes the best advice, if you’re dead set on an upgrade is look at the two models above your bike and go with the fox on the next model or pick the right dimensions.

Lots of info there a good sticky here on what everything means somewhere in the forms

Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 11:38 Quote
Sorry should have given more info. Its a s4. 190x45. I think the next shock up is the fox float dps that comes on the comp model. Thanks for the help!

Posted: Feb 4, 2022 at 7:33 Quote
jmcmullan102970 wrote:
Sorry should have given more info. Its a s4. 190x45. I think the next shock up is the fox float dps that comes on the comp model. Thanks for the help!

I upgraded my shock as I have the same model (size S5); the 190x45mm X Fusion was not great, so I swopped to a RockShox Deluxe Ultimate. It has been a massive improvement. I am sure any Fox would be a huge improvement over the X Fusion.

I think coil shocks are not recommended for Specialized Stumpy models, but I know loads of people chose to run them.

Posted: Feb 15, 2022 at 19:16 Quote
Gribble69 wrote:
jmcmullan102970 wrote:

I upgraded my shock as I have the same model (size S5); the 190x45mm X Fusion was not great, so I swopped to a RockShox Deluxe Ultimate. It has been a massive improvement. I am sure any Fox would be a huge improvement over the X Fusion.

I think coil shocks are not recommended for Specialized Stumpy models, but I know loads of people chose to run them.

O+
Posted: Nov 5, 2022 at 11:27 Quote
jmcmullan102970 wrote:
Gribble69 wrote:
jmcmullan102970 wrote:

Hey there. What did you do for the top hat / spacer for the shaft end where it attaches to the yoke? The stock one on the e fusion seems very hard to remove without damaging it.

I can only find the adjustable one that would be on the comp model.

Posted: Jan 16, 2023 at 2:23 Quote
Gribble69 wrote:
jmcmullan102970 wrote:

Hey late respons but what did you do for the mounting hardware? I have seen you can use the same mounting hardware as the rockshox with the x fusion but i want to confirm if i will need to buy the hardware or i can reuse it.

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2023 at 17:24 Quote
Fox DPS won’t be an upgrade

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010247
Mobile Version of Website