Shimano 12 speed B screw question

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Shimano 12 speed B screw question
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 4, 2022 at 15:23 Quote
Sounds like you need to remeasure the chain. Correct chain length on one bike won't be the same on another bike.

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2022 at 15:30 Quote
JonnyTheWeasel wrote:
Sounds like you need to remeasure the chain. Correct chain length on one bike won't be the same on another bike.

came off an identical frame but its possible previous owner had it wrong.

Posted: Feb 4, 2022 at 15:35 Quote
Garradmiller wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:
If you converted from 11sp to 12sp the chains will very likely be different lengths. The chains are also not compatible with each other.

came off a 12sp bike but will double check the chain part number

The other bike may have been a 12spd, but did the other bike have the same number of teeth on the chainring? 28T vs 34T?

Good luck.

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2022 at 18:08 Quote
9100 chain.
Length looks good, maybe 1 link too long.
6 links starting with an inner at their intersection.
Would removing a link be going in the right direction for my problem?

Posted: Feb 4, 2022 at 18:27 Quote
shimano 12 speed is finicky with chain length

Posted: Feb 4, 2022 at 20:06 Quote
Seperate from the b-gap, your chain is inside out. They are directional so you should see the logos on the outside of the chain but not inside. I’m still willing to bet your issue is chain length. Compress your shock all the way without air or spring and make sure it’s not too short or long.

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2022 at 15:08 Quote
Took a link out and it got worse even though according to the shimano manual it was a link too long. Shortening the chain pulls the alignment line on the cage away from the cassette.

Posted: Feb 7, 2022 at 11:41 Quote
Have that same thing going on, my chain is right length. But the Hanger for my scout is out of date for 12 speed apparently.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 17:15 Quote
Ont26Rider wrote:
Have that same thing going on, my chain is right length. But the Hanger for my scout is out of date for 12 speed apparently.

They make a correct one for you?

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 20:28 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
Garradmiller wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:
If you converted from 11sp to 12sp the chains will very likely be different lengths. The chains are also not compatible with each other.

came off a 12sp bike but will double check the chain part number

The other bike may have been a 12spd, but did the other bike have the same number of teeth on the chainring? 28T vs 34T?

Good luck.

Old setup was a 36t new is a 34t. Im thinking the old setup was wrong and so is the new maybe because of the hanger.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 6:59 Quote
Garradmiller wrote:
Ont26Rider wrote:

They make a correct one for you?

Yes Transition have an updated Hanger.

Posted: May 29, 2023 at 8:53 Quote
Were you able to figure this out? I'm having the same issue with my 12speed SLX derailleur on my hardtail

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009211
Mobile Version of Website