Will hanging your Ebike from the front wheel mess with the battery?

PB Forum :: eMTB
Will hanging your Ebike from the front wheel mess with the battery?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 18:05 Quote
We just bought a garage storage rack that comes with bike hooks to hang your bikes up by the front wheel.
I was wondering if hanging an Ebike by one wheel will mess with the battery? Has anyone run into problems from storing them that way?

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 22:49 Quote
alexandra62 wrote:
I was wondering if hanging an Ebike by one wheel will mess with the battery?

You're thinking they may be like automotive lead-acid batteries that are vented and must remain upright.

Ebike batteries are assembled with sealed AA lithium batteries.

Like batteries in any portable device, they can be used in any position.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2022 at 11:29 Quote
It may leak some juice if hung.....

Posted: Feb 10, 2022 at 11:46 Quote
REZEN wrote:
It may leak some juice if hung.....

Wrong and no.

Posted: Feb 10, 2022 at 14:04 Quote
It will short out the battery if its too close to upside down. Also the extra weight hanging on the wheel will make it egg shaped.

Posted: Feb 10, 2022 at 18:17 Quote
alexbn921 wrote:
It will short out the battery if its too close to upside down. Also the extra weight hanging on the wheel will make it egg shaped.

Again, wrong and no.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 10:11 Quote
There is a reason e-bikes turn one direction better than the other. Electricity flows like water, so like a toilet bowl flushing, the electrical forces as well as magnetic poles of the earth influence how your bike rides! It depends on how the bike MFG made their batteries and motor though. Santa Cruz for example goes up and down well as the motor and battery are counteracting their own forces. Direct to consumer brands however do not pay as much attention to detail, so generally they climb well depending which hemisphere you are in, but they go downhill like the dickens in the other hemisphere!

Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 19:57 Quote
REZEN wrote:
There is a reason e-bikes turn one direction better than the other. Electricity flows like water, so like a toilet bowl flushing, the electrical forces as well as magnetic poles of the earth influence how your bike rides! It depends on how the bike MFG made their batteries and motor though. Santa Cruz for example goes up and down well as the motor and battery are counteracting their own forces. Direct to consumer brands however do not pay as much attention to detail, so generally they climb well depending which hemisphere you are in, but they go downhill like the dickens in the other hemisphere!

Spoken like a true member of the International Drainage Commission.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 21:13 Quote
barp wrote:
REZEN wrote:

Spoken like a true member of the International Drainage Commission.

Sadly one looses membership to the IDC if their plumbers crack is too small. After 2 years in this sport, I was let go from the IDC.....oddly my wife compliments my smaller crack more often now....

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011510
Mobile Version of Website