Moving to Whistler / BC need bike advice;

PB Forum :: Downhill
Moving to Whistler / BC need bike advice;
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2022 at 13:11 Quote
I’ve ordered a new Canyon Sender to take with me but wondering if maybe I made the wrong choice and should’ve gone for a long travel Enduro rig? I.e the torque etc, from what I’ve read it’s probably one of the only places in the world worthwhile of owning a DH rig. But after advice from people who’ve done a season in whistler / rode there and what bikes they took.

Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 6:27 Quote
I spend 129 days in the Bikepark and broke 2 DH frame in one season. if you wanna ride the park there is nothing better than a DH bike.

But...

Whistler area got some crazy enduro trails to and the bike park is not open full year.

Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 9:04 Quote
the bike park is awesome but you have 1000s of trails in the surrounding areas that is more enduro friendly.. it really comes down to are you going to spend 8 months riding just park or are you going to to a mix of park and other trails

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 9:16 Quote
Rent as many as you can then decide on what to buy.

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2022 at 11:40 Quote
Ok cool cheers for all the advice! I do have a Canyon strive 170mm Enduro bike I’m thinking that perhaps I should take that two as I dont want to miss out on all the enduro stuff out there by sounds if it! Ideally would be easier just to take one bike to do it all but at the same time from what it sounds like if you just had one bike it would get absolutely destroyed best to have a DH for the park & a enduro rig for everything else

Posted: Feb 24, 2022 at 18:39 Quote
Having two bikes would be a good idea for the wear and tear alone. I ride a DH bike in Whistler Bike Park and Enduro elsewhere. It's probably a particularly good idea if you are a bigger rider, or if you have a less bury enduro bike, which itself is nice when you ride trails like Lord of Squirrels and Dark Crystal with with their >1000m of climbing.

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 4:37 Quote
The-Foiling-Optimist wrote:
Having two bikes would be a good idea for the wear and tear alone. I ride a DH bike in Whistler Bike Park and Enduro elsewhere. It's probably a particularly good idea if you are a bigger rider, or if you have a less bury enduro bike, which itself is nice when you ride trails like Lord of Squirrels and Dark Crystal with with their >1000m of climbing.

Ok cheers for the advice, that settles it for me, I'm going to take both bikes! I don't want to be restricted to the park as I know how much incredible riding there is only accessible by pedaling but also I did think that the abuse they'd get the enduro bike probably wouldn't take it for the time I'm there. I'm 6ft and about 90kg so Id say kinda average size for a bloke!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018150
Mobile Version of Website