Pants for tall skinny person

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Pants for tall skinny person
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 14:16 Quote
Hello - looking for a pair of good winter pants for a taller skinny person. Im 6', 150lbs with long legs. Having trouble finding pants that are snug in the waist but long enough to cover my ankles. Bought a pair of the Fox Ranger pants and I really love them, but they are way too short. What do you recommend?

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 15:58 Quote
I'm 6' 6" and I have looked about everywhere. I recommend a sewing machine.......

Posted: Feb 12, 2022 at 12:19 Quote
And if you got the spare pennies,
Juki DU-1181N Walking Foot Industrial Sewing Machine,
you wont have to ever again buy them cheap shitty bike packs, pouchs, wheel bags,
tool pouchs, rain covers, tail gate pads, helmet bags etc etc

Posted: Feb 12, 2022 at 17:31 Quote
What costs more: The sewing machine, or the time it takes to learn to use it properly?

Posted: Feb 15, 2022 at 7:37 Quote
Machines capable of doing cloths can be had 2nd for £100 give or take, putting two pieces of
fabric together and pressing a foot pedal is a simple affair.

My granny gave me a brief 5min instruction and left me to it, using a cut up pair of ripstop BDUs
I made a tent pole bag with pull cord closure in a couple hours, not the best but I learned
and things got better in no time.

With the net, youtube, forums, and taking apart cloths, packs all manner of stuff, you soon see how things are made
put together. Used to frequent DIY Tactical forum, loads of insight, projects people did at home and
with plenty of fabrics, threads, fastening hardware and all availabe on line its easier than ever.

Admittedly its not to everyones ability as is anything that involves working with your hands,
but if your into tinkering and getting stuck in with taking shit apart and building stuff, its easy to learn.

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2022 at 9:06 Quote
Check out https://dirtyridesmtbapparel.co.uk/
Custom sizing. I'm 6'5" and finally have proper riding pants that fit.

Posted: Mar 4, 2022 at 5:55 Quote
k2theg wrote:
Check out https://dirtyridesmtbapparel.co.uk/
Custom sizing. I'm 6'5" and finally have proper riding pants that fit.

Which of their pants did you get? How is the quality, and how do you like them, except the fact that they fit?

At 6'6" these custom pants are the best solution I have come across. The price seems fair, but with international shipping and taxes they get a bit pricey for me - especially when ordering untested.

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2022 at 8:01 Quote
I'm 6'5" and normally wear a 34x36 in off-bike pants. I've had the same problems finding riding pants (whats with all the 32" inseams!?!) and recently read about these Wrangler ATG Trail Jogger pants on Singletracks. They're $26 (US) at Target so I figured I'd give them a try. I figured worse case scenario I return them to Target, no harm done. I bought them in the longest fit which is 34x34 and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. They're snug but not tight, stretchy, have a tapered and adjustable ankle, most importantly—they're long enough for my legs. They do lack some bells and whistles—not water resistant, no designated cell pocket, etc. but GD! for $26 they're long enough, warm enough, breath pretty well. I have a hard time faulting them.

O+
Posted: Mar 10, 2022 at 7:01 Quote
I'm 6'3" 165 and found the Specialized Demo pants to be long enough.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/demo-pro-pants/p/159916?color=246120-159916

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2022 at 15:06 Quote
Check out Endura's Singletrack Trouser II. I'm 6'2 160lb with a 33in inseam and the medium size is *plenty* long enough.

I only got them last season but they're hold up fine so far.

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2022 at 10:24 Quote
Update, I went with a pair of the specialized Enduro pants... really nice! I wish the pockets were a tad bigger, but the they are very comfortable and a nice length.

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2022 at 5:26 Quote
6'1" 31" waist, 34.5" inseam, and 160 pounds.

I'm looking at Endura MT 500 shorts in a size medium.

We are giants!

Posted: May 3, 2022 at 19:15 Quote
Check out Cycorld's winter pants. I'm 6'1", just the length of my ankle. I have some thicker lined fleece pants that are bulky... these are much lighter

O+
Posted: May 17, 2022 at 17:35 Quote
Mountainfrog wrote:
6'1" 31" waist, 34.5" inseam, and 160 pounds.

I'm looking at Endura MT 500 shorts in a size medium.

We are giants!

I bought these in medium and i am 6 foot 1 and 32" waist and 165 pounds and they fit me perfect, they are long on the leg so actually fit me right for once.
They are really good to wear and not too hot.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011642
Mobile Version of Website