Moab trip shuttle info. Please help

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
Moab trip shuttle info. Please help
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2022 at 9:20 Quote
Hello fellow mountain bikers.
Some friends and I are planning a Moab trip in mid April. We have been there before about 4 years ago and we rode the Whole Enchilada.
Now having done that we would like to ride just the Upper Porcupine Rim down.
Is there a shuttle service that drops near that point?
And we would like to ride Captain Ahab.
Is there any shuttle service for that?
Thanks for the help.
Enjoy your ride.
Bryan

Posted: Feb 14, 2022 at 9:28 Quote
Maybe these guys - just call and ask, but according to their site they'll hook you up I think.
https://porcupineshuttle.com/

Good Luck.

Posted: Feb 14, 2022 at 12:00 Quote
I am willing to bet if you called the shuttle services and ask if you can buy a shuttle but be dropped off at a lower point they would do that. And there are no shuttles for Captain Ahab, you have to pedal all of the trails in the Amasa back

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2022 at 12:11 Quote
Pretty sure mid April, UPS would be as high as the shuttles will take you anyways due to snow higher up. Infact, you might not even get as high as UPS mid April (not sure what kind of snow year the area is having this year). I've been end of May before and the highest we could get was to LPS.

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2022 at 14:31 Quote
Thanks for the reply’s.
I’ve noticed while looking at multiple shuttle services that most offer there different spots.
Is Mag 7 or Moab Brand trails a better choice for that time of year?
When we did TWE it was early October and all clear.
And I guess we’re just going to climb for Ahab.
I’m not missing that. It’s been on my list since I first saw the video of it getting built years ago.

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2022 at 16:34 Quote
It's not that big of a climb to Ahab.
One of the most fun trails I've ridden.

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 15:54 Quote
wlkr104 wrote:
. And there are no shuttles for Captain Ahab, you have to pedal all of the trails in the Amasa back

Correct on that.... Buuuut, I have seen people grab a 6 pack at the store and stick out a thumb and have a someone give them a ride up to amasa.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008542
Mobile Version of Website