‘22 Rift Zone 3 27.5

PB Forum :: Marin Bikes
‘22 Rift Zone 3 27.5
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2022 at 6:58 Quote
Just recently got back into mtn biking after a 20+ yr hiatus. I ended up getting bit hard by the bug, fell back in love with riding and decided I wanted to buy my first full suspension bike. My old Marin hard tail has treated me well and is still running strong so decided to give them another try.

Figured getting the higher spec’d RZ3 would hold me off from modding it…who was I kidding lol. Initially just added some frame protection and CF Mrp bash guard, then swapped out to an XTR chain. But I recently found a set of Enve AM30’s at the local BS and snatched them up. Figured if/when I ever get a 5010 I can use these wheels instead of getting the Reserve 30. I set it up tubeless, XT cassette, XTR rotors. With the i9 1/1 hubs the wheel set comes in at 1.8lbs lighter than the stock set. 10 lbs vs 11.8, dropping overall weight from 33lbs to 31.2lbs. Next mod will probably be to eventually swap out the air shaft for a 140mm travel.

photo

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2022 at 19:54 Quote
Latest upgrade…Race Face carbon bar and Turbine R stem. Still experimenting with 32mm vs 40mm stem.

photo

photo

Posted: Mar 27, 2022 at 6:19 Quote
n54tt wrote:
Latest upgrade…Race Face carbon bar and Turbine R stem. Still experimenting with 32mm vs 40mm stem.

photo

photo

Looks super good! Enjoy!

Posted: Mar 27, 2022 at 11:27 Quote
n54tt wrote:

photo

photo

Looks like you need the race face spacers to go with the rest of your raceface kit...thats what I did on my Marin RZ V2...(i went fsa comet bars..atlas 35mm stem and rf spacer kit)..looking good.

O+
Posted: May 29, 2022 at 7:58 Quote
Latest rounds of upgrades. XTR crank set and cassette, BikeYoke revive dropper and Wolftooth light action I-spec EV lever. Overall weight is down to 30.56 lbs from 33lbs. I’m confident it’ll be under 30 if/when I upgrade the Z2.

XTR crank set is quite a bit lighter than the FSA grid, has a narrower Q factor, and the chainring meshes better. I do think it climbs/pedals a bit more efficiently. The shimano chain and chainring combo is definitely quieter than it was with shimano chain/FSA chainring. Something you may not notice until you actually change.
XTR cassette….was for weight loss and it just looks nicer lol. I plan to swap out chains sooner than later to try and minimize wear on the cassette.

I didn’t have any issues with the Tranzx. Found it was smooth and worked as expected. But when I started riding with a friend with a Fox transfer it was glaring how much slower my Tranzx was. I noticed his dropper would make a quick thwack and he would get right back into the saddle, where I was still standing waiting for it to fully extend. The BikeYoke Revive dropper is lighter and much faster than the Tranzx. It’s pretty much instantaneous, but can also be modulated very easily with a lighter push on the lever. Trails I ride are mostly short bursts of climbs and descents…so it’s a nice improvement in on trail experience.

It didn’t bother me…but the stock dropper lever did have some horizontal play in the lever. Wolftooth is solid and the I-spec EV mount gives a cleaner look.

photo

photo

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029996
Mobile Version of Website