Rear Hub upgrade

PB Forum :: Downhill
Rear Hub upgrade
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 27, 2022 at 4:17 Quote
Hi Guys & Gals..

I have a saracen myst team carbon 2017 model with a saint rear hub, and its doesnt hardly make a nice freehub bee noise at all, and i prefer a nice loud one haha,

Mine is a 32H at 10Speed and rear axle is a 12x150mm

Has anyone got any top ones that sound like a swarm of bees or not, ive looked at the Halo Supadrive but not entirley sure if they will fit my axle size!?

Many Thanks in advance
AJ

Posted: Feb 27, 2022 at 13:11 Quote
I just tape a strip of water bottle plastic to the chain stay and let it hit your spokes. Sounds like a motorcycle. It's super

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2022 at 19:07 Quote
AzJones wrote:
Hi Guys & Gals..

I have a saracen myst team carbon 2017 model with a saint rear hub, and its doesnt hardly make a nice freehub bee noise at all, and i prefer a nice loud one haha,

Mine is a 32H at 10Speed and rear axle is a 12x150mm

Has anyone got any top ones that sound like a swarm of bees or not, ive looked at the Halo Supadrive but not entirley sure if they will fit my axle size!?

Many Thanks in advance
AJ

I love my project321 hubs. They do have a 150 spaceing as well I believe. They are decently loud especially once they wear in a bit. They are also not super draggy like the i9 hubs. Chris king also makes an amazing hub though I do not believe they have 150mm spacing.

Posted: Feb 28, 2022 at 9:54 Quote
Thanks all
I have found the DH version of the Halo Supadrive which i prob will purchase,

Its the shimano one i need to fit a 10speed isnt it i think, unless anyone else know better than me, which is most likely

Posted: Feb 28, 2022 at 13:51 Quote
Ive just realised my rear hub/disc rotor is a centre lock, so cant get a halo or hope!
Unless i get a new disc for the back or is that a crap idea!?

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2022 at 14:33 Quote
Not a terribly bad idea for a new disc The halos are decent but a bit outdated and old.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2022 at 21:06 Quote
Project 321 are sick
144 or 216 poe
Magnetic paws
Choice of loud or quiet paws
(Choose quiet (Less drag))

Less drag than an i9 torch 101
Less than half the drag of a hydra.

Also they have a preload adjustment which is hugely

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 0:49 Quote
I think im going to get a front hub adaptor to convert the front one to 6 bolt, then i can have 2 discs the same instead to 2 different

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 4:46 Quote
englertracing wrote:
Project 321 are sick
144 or 216 poe
Magnetic paws
Choice of loud or quiet paws
(Choose quiet (Less drag))

Less drag than an i9 torch 101
Less than half the drag of a hydra.

Also they have a preload adjustment which is hugely

I absolutely love mine. They also don’t have much lead time.

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 9:49 Quote
I9s and 321's a bit over my budget, budget is around 200mark, i have found a brand new Halo SupaDrive for 140, so might go for that

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 10:30 Quote
Might want to consider hub strength. Had a shop build a wheel for dh bike back in the day. It was not a hub I would have chosen and didn't last long.

Be careful you're not downgrading in strength just to be noisy.

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 10:36 Quote
tbh probably a downgrade in, weight, durability, and drag.

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 11:23 Quote
Check out the spank hex hubs. They’re really good for the price especially. High engagements. I built a set for my brother and they came out great

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 11:36 Quote
My orginal rear hub is a shimano M825, so most likely a Halo is an upgrade as the likes of Matt jones etc rides them pretty darn hard lol

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 12:18 Quote
Spank as a brand is pretty dumpy and use nasty steel axle that corrode like a mf.

The shimano is made in Japan and is shimanos toughest class of components, meaning it's rated for DH racing.
Has preload adjustment, quality seals and low drag.

Guarantee you the halo comes out of china and is a cheap hub regardless of who is using it.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010026
Mobile Version of Website