Rear Hub upgrade

PB Forum :: Downhill
Rear Hub upgrade
| Next Page
Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 19:21 Quote
I have a Project 321 hub but I keep that on a wheelset for trail riding and then for downhilling I slap on the other wheelset to which I have laced my old Hadley hub with 24 points of engagement. I refuse to let that hub go. It is super durable and just rolls and rolls and rolls! After all these years, it is my favourite hub even though it doesn’t have high POE. Sentimental thing.

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 23:25 Quote
Hadley are for sure well built hubs
"Bomb proof"
As far as reliability hadley and king are in their own league.

Hadley has a preload adjustment, custom built bearings, super low drag.

I'd wager to say Hadley has the probably the best sealing AND the lowest rolling resistance.

They also make higher tooth counts 72
And I think there was a 100poe that's no longer avaliable

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 17:12 Quote
Hope do actually do centre lock compatible hubs, may well be worth getting in contact with them and confirming what model hubs do.

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 14:27 Quote
Late post but I agree with the posts above get a used Hadley hub if you can. Hadley hubs are the shiz

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 21:00 Quote
I have i9’s that I love

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 23:12 Quote
dhrider8051 wrote:
I have i9’s that I love
Glad you love your shitboxes

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 11:35 Quote
englertracing wrote:
dhrider8051 wrote:
I have i9’s that I love
Glad you love your shitboxes

My first time having i9’s and buying good hubs what exactly is wrong with them and what’s better?

I notice less drag and instant pedal engagement with them which makes climbing kinda fun. Never been a climber person with bikes.

Compared to my dt Swiss hubs I had

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 13:03 Quote
New King hubs aren't loud, at least mine aren't. I have a set of 6 year old Kings(with a 2-year old freehub swap) and a couple of sets of 20 year old Kings. There's no comparison in sound. The newer ones are quieter than I9 Torch by a lot and the older ones are louder. Comparing an I9 Torch noise to an old CK hub noise is like comparing a Japanese street motorcycle to a Ducati street motorcycle: similarly loud, but the Ducati just sounds better.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007193
Mobile Version of Website