New SB150 in the works?

PB Forum :: Yeti
New SB150 in the works?
Previous Page |
Posted: Mar 7, 2022 at 10:51 Quote
the SB150 is awesome, but has largely been unchanged for a few years

I'd like to put in an order, but I know the day after I do, a new design will be released
I heard a rumor that one LBS has put off ordering any more SB150s in anticipation of a July release of something new

has anyone heard of anything coming out?

Posted: Mar 8, 2022 at 13:29 Quote
I may have heard from a little birdy about something coming from Yeti soon.. If an update is important to you, I would probably wait a little bit longer.

Posted: Mar 8, 2022 at 14:18 Quote
If anything, wait until they release the new one and get the "old" one for a deal

Posted: Mar 9, 2022 at 15:55 Quote
hukriede wrote:
I may have heard from a little birdy about something coming from Yeti soon.. If an update is important to you, I would probably wait a little bit longer.

did that little birdy have any news on timing? this summer? winter?

noakeabean wrote:
If anything, wait until they release the new one and get the "old" one for a deal
been thinking about buying a used one just for the months until a release

Posted: Mar 9, 2022 at 16:38 Quote
No timing, but I think my LBS was aware and telling people who were interested in ordering current models that something may be coming. With the current bike market, I would assume you won't be getting a bike until late summer or fall. That's just a guess, no information behind that. We would likely see some sort of leaks with the Yeti enduro team before seeing a bike release. Specifically for a new 150 model.

Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 20:13 Quote
I'm hoping one comes out, I have a 2021 sb150 and it's amazing but I think an update is needed.

Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 4:54 Quote
What are you hoping for with a new model?

I'd like thread BB and no infinity links due to our lovely weather here.

Do you think they'd use the ebike linkage on the new model

little bit longer, little bit slacker? Do feel we are finding a sweet spot as of late with this tread.

Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 9:22 Quote
I think they will most likely make it longer and slacker per usual trend, but to to a crazy extent. Maybe slacken by 1 degree. Switch Infinity will definitely still be in play, but I don't think they will go full into the 160E linkage. Just a guess, but I think they will stay with the current 150 style linkage. Threaded BB would be awesome as well. I could be seriously interested in the new 150 if they make these changes.

Posted: Apr 14, 2022 at 2:26 Quote
Think they will stick with the current linkage, it's a neater package and Yeti can charge you for a new link and proprietary bearings. These bikes definitely don't need to be longer and slacker in the front end at least not without the chainstays growing...the chainstays are borderline short on the mediums relative to the front centre already...making the front wheel even further out without lengthening the chainstays will be an absolute disaster. I'd also like to see a stiffer rear triangles, more tyre clearance and a change to the headset design so people can tinker with angle adjust headsets etc...
A bit more plushness would help too, Yeti's aren't exactly the smoothest riding bikes around even if they are fast. A better way to access the dropper cable routing would be nice too. Some kind of cover tfor the switch mechanism would be good. And finally an extra 10-15mm or so of travel would be welcome. Tbh all these are things that should have been done with the Sb150.

Posted: Apr 29, 2022 at 20:35 Quote
Winter...November/December Cool

StuffShredman wrote:
hukriede wrote:

did that little birdy have any news on timing? this summer? winter?

noakeabean wrote:
been thinking about buying a used one just for the months until a release

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 6:30 Quote
Here are the new bikes for 2022:

www.worldwidecyclery.com/blogs/worldwide-cyclery-blog/yeti-cycles-new-2022-mountain-bikes-line-a-complete-guide

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 7:57 Quote
Sharkon wrote:
Here are the new bikes for 2022:

www.worldwidecyclery.com/blogs/worldwide-cyclery-blog/yeti-cycles-new-2022-mountain-bikes-line-a-complete-guide

This is old and just about colors. Not really what this thread is about. We’re talking new design here.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 12:34 Quote
I wish they'd hurry up and leak something
I'm getting kind of antsy

also, I wish they'd let the warranty transfer when buying a used one. I'd probably just buy a used SB150 now, then sell it and get the 2023 when they come out

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 20:31 Quote
One should expect the following models 120, 140 and 160 in 29" wheels. No dates, and pretty sure it will still use the SI.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 4:54 Quote
mikeunstop23 wrote:
One should expect the following models 120, 140 and 160 in 29" wheels. No dates, and pretty sure it will still use the SI.

So no sb165 replacement?

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006158
Mobile Version of Website