New SB150 in the works?

PB Forum :: Yeti
New SB150 in the works?
O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2022 at 10:21 Quote
I'm also interested in an updated sb150 or an SB160

Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 4:16 Quote
Any updates here? Looking to pick up an SB150, but haven't seen any news from Yeti on new releases dates, nor if the 150 will see changes.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 8:15 Quote
rumspringa wrote:
Any updates here? Looking to pick up an SB150, but haven't seen any news from Yeti on new releases dates, nor if the 150 will see changes.

Your local Yeti dealer might be able to give you more info. As said before in this thread, if an updated SB150 matters to you, I would probably wait.

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 21:36 Quote
FYI......... As history has shown... Yeti almost always releases bikes in September. They have stuck to this release time frame for the last couple of decades. They used to do this for Interbike which is now not a big deal.... but it was "the Show" for all US dealers to see new model year lines and innovative up and comers.

I had a Friend see a new 29er with longer travel in the woods...... Not their 160E....... as no motor involved. I will be ordering one as soon as available. The new 6 Bar suspension is really good... better than good in my opinion. RAD as heck.

Hope this helps others

Posted: Jul 27, 2022 at 6:39 Quote
I've seen totally conflicting info on the 6 bar 160e...granted it's mostly positive either way..but some like Pinkbike claim it's super plush and absorbs everything but remains supportive etc and others like a guy I saw on YouTube reviewing it says it has the more typical Yeti firm race bike feel and isn't that plush compared to a lot of ebikes...

I've been down this road before with Yeti's starting with the SB6...you always read these reviews when the bikes come out about how amazing the suspension is, how it feels like a magic carpet and yet pedals incredibly..

Then you go and buy one and realise they definitely aren't amongst the plushest most active bikes...they are definitely pedal efficiency oriented and feel quite firm.

Twice I fell for this...First with the sb6 and second with the sb165...imo an average cheapo horst link bike feels plusher than Switch Infinity... now I'm not saying this is a bad thing...it's great for racers and the suspension is clearly optimised...but all the bull about it being plush, magic carpet bla bla bla I'm not going to fall for again. A guy at Yeti themselves told me straight up these are not those kinds of bikes...they are race bikes, they aren't going to feel mega plush.

I think the reason the Specialized Enduro was so popular is because that thing truly is plush..it's like the opposite end of the spectrum to Yeti and it seems that is what most people are looking for. Whereas with Yeti it's more the brand image and name. They look fantastic and perform great but I'm not sure I would invest in another Yeti...imo an enduro should be a DH bike you can pedal to the top..even in the EWS the uphill sections are not timed. Yeti's to me for like trail bikes with extra travel.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 13:22 Quote
My local bike shop announced yesterday that SB150 and SB115 models are all discounted. So I expect to be reading about the new bike range here imminently.

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 17:49 Quote
Nothing for Yeti in the enduro bike field test...

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 3:12 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
I've seen totally conflicting info on the 6 bar 160e...granted it's mostly positive either way..but some like Pinkbike claim it's super plush and absorbs everything but remains supportive etc and others like a guy I saw on YouTube reviewing it says it has the more typical Yeti firm race bike feel and isn't that plush compared to a lot of ebikes...

I've been down this road before with Yeti's starting with the SB6...you always read these reviews when the bikes come out about how amazing the suspension is, how it feels like a magic carpet and yet pedals incredibly..

Then you go and buy one and realise they definitely aren't amongst the plushest most active bikes...they are definitely pedal efficiency oriented and feel quite firm.

Twice I fell for this...First with the sb6 and second with the sb165...imo an average cheapo horst link bike feels plusher than Switch Infinity... now I'm not saying this is a bad thing...it's great for racers and the suspension is clearly optimised...but all the bull about it being plush, magic carpet bla bla bla I'm not going to fall for again. A guy at Yeti themselves told me straight up these are not those kinds of bikes...they are race bikes, they aren't going to feel mega plush.

I think the reason the Specialized Enduro was so popular is because that thing truly is plush..it's like the opposite end of the spectrum to Yeti and it seems that is what most people are looking for. Whereas with Yeti it's more the brand image and name. They look fantastic and perform great but I'm not sure I would invest in another Yeti...imo an enduro should be a DH bike you can pedal to the top..even in the EWS the uphill sections are not timed. Yeti's to me for like trail bikes with extra travel.

Nailed it. Couldn't agree me more, that's why I went with a 150 instead of a 130. I'm not a racer but I am on the bigger side of the rider spectrum. The extra insurance of a stouter build, and similar riding feel between the two pushed me more towards the bigger bike. Definitely rides like a big trail bike.

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2022 at 9:17 Quote
Segamethod wrote:
My local bike shop announced yesterday that SB150 and SB115 models are all discounted. So I expect to be reading about the new bike range here imminently.

I was just writing my LBS here in Zurich asking for a sb 150 medium and whether I could pre-order one for next year and they told me that next year it will be the sb 160 --- similar geometry except the down tube will be a bit straighter and look better.... SICK!

Posted: Aug 26, 2022 at 10:18 Quote
davidryce wrote:
Segamethod wrote:

I was just writing my LBS here in Zurich asking for a sb 150 medium and whether I could pre-order one for next year and they told me that next year it will be the sb 160 --- similar geometry except the down tube will be a bit straighter and look better.... SICK!

If that is true then only way to make room for a water bottle means they are ditching switch infinity and going 6 bar...which they said they wouldn't do.

Posted: Aug 26, 2022 at 12:43 Quote
davidryce wrote:
Segamethod wrote:

Any info on release date?
I gotta know when to sell off one of my children

Posted: Aug 29, 2022 at 7:57 Quote
It would be crazy if Yeti kept a new design under wraps for this long. I live in the front range in Colorado and in years past there would be leaked photos well before release because the bikes were tested on public trails. For example, I saw pics of the 160E 3 months before it was announced. Increase in travel on the old design would be less noticeable on the trails. Hopefully I'm wrong because I think the 150 needs a refresh and I believe Yeti wants to get away form the Fox Switch Infinity. The BB area sticks out too far for my liking.

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2022 at 10:56 Quote
I've heard that we're likely to see significant version updates to most of their lineup announced or released during the holidays. But shops will only get a few bikes each until inventory catches up in the summer.

I didn't hear anything about specific models

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 2:37 Quote
schralpitecture wrote:
I want one in Beti Pink

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/23301837/

Ebike not new SB

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014073
Mobile Version of Website