How long do I need to wait for a full on DH e-MTB?

PB Forum :: eMTB
How long do I need to wait for a full on DH e-MTB?
O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 16:50 Quote
qdrhrse wrote:
The Norco Range Vlt is pretty DH focused. It’s 180/170 but not dual crown. It’s very long and slack, similar geo to a Kenevo with the caveat that it’s a 29er. So far it’s the most DH feeling eMTB I’ve ridden.

I’ll second that. In some ways my range vlt feels more downhilly than my 27.5 wheel aurum.

Posted: Apr 12, 2022 at 0:24 Quote
Was looking at an Intense mx Pro this weekend.
It has very similar lines and geometry to the new Ducati ebike...in fact, I'd swear they are the same bike.

Not sure if those are true DH, more Enduro but still pretty sweet.

O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2022 at 14:08 Quote
qdrhrse wrote:
The Norco Range Vlt is pretty DH focused. It’s 180/170 but not dual crown. It’s very long and slack, similar geo to a Kenevo with the caveat that it’s a 29er. So far it’s the most DH feeling eMTB I’ve ridden.

Jus told my SC Heckler and ordered a Range VLT. Pretty excited to see how it compares to my Orbea Wild. I rode a ton of bikes last year from Rocky to Specialized to a couple SC and my Orbea. This should be a good summer!

Posted: Apr 30, 2022 at 4:51 Quote
We've fitted cyc motors to a few dh bikes now and they are great fun. It's really funny going up a downhill at twenty mph The trick is finding the right frame to fit the motor and battery in.
Ps. I like bafang motors, but they hang too low,

Posted: May 1, 2022 at 20:45 Quote
The niner WFO e9 is a 180/180 travel bike. Love mine, super plush through everything.

Or if you want a true DH then husqvarna makes the extreme cross

FL
Posted: May 30, 2022 at 0:20 Quote
qdrhrse wrote:

yep, give you a little tip, remove the spacer from your shock if it's a DHX2 for 178mm of rear plushness Smile (230x65)

on my XL range, it's so long and stable I could almost take my hands off the bars at 50kph and have a cup of tea. It truly is DH bike capable now. They nailed those bikes, if a little heavy.

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 16:02 Quote
Kingsleydagg wrote:
It has very similar lines and geometry to the new Ducati ebike...in fact, I'd swear they are the same bike.

After riding the MX Pro I would consider it a full on DH bike. Similar Travel to my Yeti Sb150 but that Ohlins suspension works extremely well! We still have one left in stock.

https://www.blackfootonline.ca/2022-intense-tazer-mx-pro-ebike

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2022 at 11:32 Quote
Blackfootmotosports wrote:
Kingsleydagg wrote:

After riding the MX Pro I would consider it a full on DH bike. Similar Travel to my Yeti Sb150 but that Ohlins suspension works extremely well! We still have one left in stock.

https://www.blackfootonline.ca/2022-intense-tazer-mx-pro-ebike

I recently sold my '21 Expert with 170mm vorsprun fox 38 and fox rear coil, its a great bike dont get me wrong but at 170/160 travel I think it falls a bit short of being a full DH bike.

My buddy has the MX Pro with Ohlins and even then I stand behind my opinion although the Ohlins is very plush.

Husky seems to be the only 200/200 option currently available. A few more options in the 180 range.

Posted: Jun 24, 2022 at 12:45 Quote
Pole makes a dual crown compatible DH rig. You can get it with a coil shock.
All finished and ready to ride

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2022 at 13:23 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
All finished and ready to ride

Thats sick!

They dont have dealers in US correct? Everything seems to be ordered and shipped direct as I look at their site. If so how long was the process.

Posted: Jun 24, 2022 at 13:37 Quote
A06 wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:

Thats sick!

They dont have dealers in US correct? Everything seems to be ordered and shipped direct as I look at their site. If so how long was the process.

It's not my bike, but wish it was. Click on the photo or here and ask the owner, Twenty6ers4life

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 10:05 Quote
The Niner WFO E9 works really well with 200mm up front and 180mm out back.
photo

FL
Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 12:27 Quote
Brasher wrote:
qdrhrse wrote:

yep, give you a little tip, remove the spacer from your shock if it's a DHX2 for 178mm of rear plushness Smile (230x65)

on my XL range, it's so long and stable I could almost take my hands off the bars at 50kph and have a cup of tea. It truly is DH bike capable now. They nailed those bikes, if a little heavy.

Thanks for the tip! Where did you hear about removing the spacer for this bike?

I would add another vote for the Range VLT, this bike is incredibly stable and capable

FL
Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 16:07 Quote
I've overstroked most bike's I've owned.

The leverage curve of the range doesn't do anything weird towards the end of the stroke so it's a good candidate for a little more travel. It just feels that tad more "bottomless" than before. That was probably my only gripe, it could have been made another 5% progressive or so, and it's damn heavy! I've been riding my hardtail a lot recently due to the incredible amount of rain here and when I hop back on the range it feels like a tank! (mine is 28kg)

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 13:01 Quote
Hmmm..

Really want Santa Cruz to make an official version of this:

https://www.ego-kits.com/en/produkte/ego-bikes/santa-cruz/

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.707339
Mobile Version of Website