2021 Sram GX ALLOY crank boots?

PB Forum :: SRAM
2021 Sram GX ALLOY crank boots?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 22, 2022 at 9:01 Quote
hey guys does any one know for definite which crank boots fit the new style sram gx ALLOY cranks at all please?

various places suggest a whole host of ones, but no definitive answer, hoping someone on here has done all the donkey work so i dont have to order about 5 pairs lol

thanks in advance!

Posted: Mar 22, 2022 at 9:14 Quote
Didzy2009 wrote:
hey guys does any one know for definite which crank boots fit the new style sram gx ALLOY cranks at all please?

various places suggest a whole host of ones, but no definitive answer, hoping someone on here has done all the donkey work so i dont have to order about 5 pairs lol

thanks in advance!

I'll have to do some looking, but in my experience the crank boots are for use on carbon crank arms to prevent cracking from impact. You don't have that problem with an alloy crank arm.

Posted: Mar 22, 2022 at 9:22 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
Didzy2009 wrote:

thanks in advance!

I'll have to do some looking, but in my experience the crank boots are for use on carbon crank arms to prevent cracking from impact. You don't have that problem with an alloy crank arm.

thanks man - yeh totally understand for carbon, just wanted some as i ride a lot of rocky areas and they end up getting bashed to high heaven, so its just to keep them looking smart really more so than anything, if you figure it out then would be great to hear Big Grin Smile

Posted: Mar 22, 2022 at 13:53 Quote
I have Race face booties On my GX alloys. They don’t quite fit perfectly but they look and work just fine. The whole for your Allen wrench to get through to tighten your cranks is just a little bit off but nothing to worry about.

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2022 at 16:10 Quote
The sram carbon ones will work. They don't fit as perfectly as they do on the carbon cranks but it's good enough.

Posted: Mar 23, 2022 at 3:51 Quote
oldnw wrote:
I have Race face booties On my GX alloys. They don’t quite fit perfectly but they look and work just fine. The whole for your Allen wrench to get through to tighten your cranks is just a little bit off but nothing to worry about.

ah thanks dude- are these the latest gx cranks or the older ones? (im assuming they are the same bar decals maybe?

also the RF ones are the large or small ones? i believe they do a carbon specific one or a alloy specific one

thank you Smile

Posted: Mar 23, 2022 at 3:52 Quote
Positronic wrote:
The sram carbon ones will work. They don't fit as perfectly as they do on the carbon cranks but it's good enough.

i tried some x01 carbon ones and they dont fit, i cant get them on enough to get the hole anywhere lined up sadly

Posted: Jun 8, 2023 at 4:04 Quote
oldnw wrote:

Came across this in a search. Did you use the small or larger size? And are they the newer style GX cranks?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008895
Mobile Version of Website