Eye glasses advice

PB Forum :: Beginners
Eye glasses advice
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 23, 2022 at 9:19 Quote
Hey all,

So I started MTB'n last year, really love it, but I I'm running into an issue and im nto sure the best way to go about solving it, or even what the options are.

My eyesight isn't terrible, and I COULD ride without glasses, but I much prefer to be able to see clearly, especially on more technical trails.

Right now I wear my typical prescription eyeglasses, but I'm always worried if I have a wreck, I'm out my only pair.

So what does everyone here do that doesn't have the best eyesight?

Prescription transition lenses? Regular sunglasses? Just buy a cheap 2nd pair?
Is it even possible to get "sporty" prescription sunglasses that are transition/photochromic?

Anyone with experience here would help. I tried my optometrist and he shrugged and said "Have you tried sports stores?" ......

Thanks in advance for any advice.

-GB

Posted: Mar 23, 2022 at 10:58 Quote
For starters I don’t wear glasses but I’ll share some experience I’ve had friends do for shooting. LensCrafters (I think) and Probly some others used to make prescription specific lenses to match the frames for oakleys like the half jackets, m frames etc so you could replace the factory lenses with your prescription ones. This way you get a rock solid pair of sunglasses to match your prescription.
Totally not cheap but a lot of target shooters used to do it to avoid wearing inserts or reg glasses.
My wife had this done for softball a while back, it was pretty cool. Not sure if it’s still a thing tho.
Hope this can help in some way.

Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 7:55 Quote
mark027 wrote:
For starters I don’t wear glasses but I’ll share some experience I’ve had friends do for shooting. LensCrafters (I think) and Probly some others used to make prescription specific lenses to match the frames for oakleys like the half jackets, m frames etc so you could replace the factory lenses with your prescription ones. This way you get a rock solid pair of sunglasses to match your prescription.
Totally not cheap but a lot of target shooters used to do it to avoid wearing inserts or reg glasses.
My wife had this done for softball a while back, it was pretty cool. Not sure if it’s still a thing tho.

Thanks for the help Smile

Posted: Mar 25, 2022 at 16:30 Quote
mark027 wrote:

Yes! Prescription Oakley's are still a thing. Very expensive, but they're the best the market had to offer by far!

Posted: Mar 25, 2022 at 19:13 Quote
What about just squinting?

Posted: Mar 26, 2022 at 5:18 Quote
DJ-24 wrote:
What about just squinting?
Lol

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006158
Mobile Version of Website