Tire combo in Ontario?

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Tire combo in Ontario?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2022 at 13:06 Quote
Just looking for some quicker rolling tire combos for riding in Ontario, mostly riding the Hydrocut and Pines.

Thinking along the lines that I am riding alone more pedalling than jumps and stuff like that. I am currently on a Transition Smuggler.

Thanks!

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 28, 2022 at 5:55 Quote
What tires are you currently running?
When you ride the pines you're sticking to the xc tracks and not the hubs?

Posted: Mar 28, 2022 at 6:06 Quote
Dissector 2.4/Aggressor 2.3 on my full suss. Vittoria Barzo's 2.35 on my XC hardtail.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2022 at 6:17 Quote
Currently running:

Minion DHR/DHF

I am thinking the cross country loops or pedalling Turkey Point. Not really Doug’s hub, I will use my other combo for that. Just want a bit more rolling speed when pedalling.

Posted: Mar 28, 2022 at 7:06 Quote
Hmmm i just copped a set of DHF/DHR2 since I haven't had Maxxis before. Coming from the stock specialized butcher/purgatory that were on my bike. I'm hoping that it's not that much slower. I ride the Don Valley mostly so hoping these would help with some of the punchy climbs over roots and rocks.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 28, 2022 at 7:15 Quote
I agree with vwl, I run the dissector/aggressor combo as well.
You could also look at a Minion SS or Recon for the rear if mostly doing the xc stuff

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2022 at 14:21 Quote
Just a little update.

Currently I have Rekon’s on the front and back. Picked the pair up for a great price.

I have rode Turkey Point twice now and have noticed a significant difference! I’ll keep an eye out for a dissector but for now I am rolling quick!

Thanks for the help and happy trails!

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 18, 2022 at 5:45 Quote
If you are enjoying the Rekons I would stick with them. The Dissector might slow you down a little in comparison.
If you have a second wheelset for the hubs at the pines then I think you found a winning combo

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008835
Mobile Version of Website