Bomber CR Performance

PB Forum :: Marzocchi
Bomber CR Performance
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 27, 2022 at 18:26 Quote
Hey folks I just got a Marzocchi Bomber CR and it's been working very well for me, but this rear shock has started not being as responsive just a few months from buying it. I don't know if it needs a rebuild already or what, but I'm not wildly happyMadder

FL
Posted: Apr 2, 2022 at 9:10 Quote
I suggest checking your pivot bearings to see if they're toast before the rebuild.

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2022 at 9:19 Quote
Hard to guess as to what could be the issue with little information given. If you can be specific as to what you feel is wrong with the bike that would help us alot.
ex. is it rebounding too slow? is it feeling sticky on compression and rebound, or just one?

Do you live in an area where temperature varies a lot? A few months ago could have been 30 degrees different from now, and oil viscosity could be the difference you feel.

It could also be you have a bike with a Y-yoke and that suspension linkage can break Bomber CRs quickly.

Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 8:22 Quote
It feels sticky on compression and at the beginning of compression it feels extra sticky for a tiny bit. The temperature here in Washington was about 15, but now we have highs of 60.

Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 8:23 Quote
I don't know a thing about the bearrings, and haven't done anything since I got the bike used a year and a half ago.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 3:52 Quote
Does anyone know where I can find service / rebuild info for this shock?

Everything I can find just refers to a fox shock from a few years back that this was based on.

YouTube video? Instructions with pics? Anything really other than just the exploded view.

Cheers

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 22:09 Quote
I would like to find the same thing as well. Mine desperetely needs a rebuild.
exnvanlocal wrote:

Everything I can find just refers to a fox shock from a few years back that this was based on.

YouTube video? Instructions with pics? Anything really other than just the exploded view.

Cheers

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 23:45 Quote
I swear it's deliberately MIA from everywhere...... how can not 1 person craving YouTube fame not have posted a video or something.

Problem is a rebuild is about 60% the cost of new so I'm willing to have a try or just buy a new one and sell this one to someone who can service it.

downhilljohn wrote:
exnvanlocal wrote:

Cheers

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 8:56 Quote
It is weird
exnvanlocal wrote:
I swear it's deliberately MIA from everywhere...... how can not 1 person craving YouTube fame not have posted a video or something.

Problem is a rebuild is about 60% the cost of new so I'm willing to have a try or just buy a new one and sell this one to someone who can service it.

downhilljohn wrote:
exnvanlocal wrote:

Cheers

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 9:19 Quote
You don't necessarily have to change out the bearings but at least removing the hardware and inspect under the bearing seal. If they are rough, clean em out with a nice bike friendly degreaser and repack with Green Grease you can get at the store or Walmart.

Dental pick to get the seals off
Clean until they spin smooth and let dry.
Pack with Green grease, spin to get it worked in all the way, put the seal back in.

I had a '15 operator that looked perfect, took the shock off and felt quite a bit of friction. Previous owner greased the bearings with white lithium...that stuff packs out and gets dry. Cleaned and greased, smooth as butter now.

A good idea to do all your bearings, headset, hubs, and pivots. Washington winter riding will kill poorly greased bearings in a few rides.

If it is the shock and it's new, look into warranty. If it's used contact Butter Suspension or the shock howse

Rebuilding a bomber CR isn't something you can do in the garage with hand tools, you need a nitrogen charge, proper tools for disassembly, etc. It's not as simple as air can seals in an air shock, it's full tear down, which is why you should really do your bearings first. If you cant do your bearings there's no chance you could service the shock. Heck I rebuild forks for hobby and I wouldn't touch a damper rebuild in an air or coil shock.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011341
Mobile Version of Website