Slopeduro

• Previous Page
Posted: Mar 28, 2022 at 12:57 Quote
I am thinking about building up a specialized status in size small (my normal size is medium) as a park/slopeduro bike.
Thoughts?

FL
Posted: Mar 29, 2022 at 8:58 Quote
Status is a good choice. Personally I would go full 27.5 for a slopeduro build. Marin Rift Zone is also an excellent choice and a really good deal. Mark Matthews built one up slopeduro style and it seems to run well for him. I've also seen the Trek Fuel Ex set up as a slopeduro which can technically also be run with 27.5 wheels although it is more expensive than your other options

Posted: Mar 29, 2022 at 20:15 Quote
I like the Status for the package you get, but I have also looked at the Rift Zone.

Posted: Jan 17, 2023 at 12:12 Quote
m40sniper wrote:
I am thinking about building up a specialized status in size small (my normal size is medium) as a park/slopeduro bike.
Thoughts?

I am in the middle of building a Status 140 into a slopeduro bike. I'm going to short-stroke the rear shock from 210x52.5 to 210x50 which should reduce the travel to about 133mm out back. I'm running a 140mm Pike with a Smashpot coil conversion. Drivetrain will be SRAM GX DH 1x7 and I'm going to start off running a rigid post.

Posted: Feb 3, 2023 at 10:09 Quote
Here is my Status built up for SlopeDuro. Still debating whether to put a dropper on it.
What do you get when you take a trail bike and put dirt jump parts on it This I guess. Slopeduro anyone

Posted: Mar 9, 2023 at 19:58 Quote
I think the best choice for a slopeduro is buying a used small frame bike with 130-150 rear travel

Posted: Mar 9, 2023 at 23:35 Quote
downhilljohn wrote:
I think the best choice for a slopeduro is buying a used small frame bike with 130-150 rear travel

As long as it's not too old. The reach on some of the older frames can be crazy short. I think modern short- and mid-travel frames are much more suited to the idea of slopeduro.

Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 12:55 Quote
, but just never a cross country bike

Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 13:35 Quote
downhilljohn wrote:
, but just never a cross country bike

No, XC bikes have bad geometry for slope or enduro. Head angles are too steep, BBs are too high, chainstays are too long, etc.

Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 13:37 Quote
Overall, cross country bikes are not the best for really anything other than racing

Posted: Mar 31, 2023 at 12:05 Quote
New drivetrain setup on my slopeduro Status. 3T 9-32 cassette, 12-speed chain and derailleur body, 11-speed GX DH cage, 11-speed pulleys. B-gap is big but it shifts nicely.

New XX1 AXS DH chimera derailleur. Made out of an XX1 body and GX DH medium cage. The cassette is a 3T Bailout 9-32 11-speed made by E13 for 3T. The chain is a regular XX1 Eagle. Disclaimer SRAM probably doesn t want you to do this. Also it voids your warranty so don t complain to me or SRAM if this damages your derailleur cassette chain or bike.
New XX1 AXS DH chimera derailleur. Made out of an XX1 body and GX DH medium cage. The cassette is a 3T Bailout 9-32 11-speed made by E13 for 3T. The chain is a regular XX1 Eagle. Disclaimer SRAM probably doesn t want you to do this. Also it voids your warranty so don t complain to me or SRAM if this damages your derailleur cassette chain or bike.

Posted: Apr 2, 2023 at 19:17 Quote
That is sick! I have never seen anything like it. Now just stuff on some trickstuff brakes!

Posted: Apr 3, 2023 at 0:19 Quote
downhilljohn wrote:
That is sick! I have never seen anything like it. Now just stuff on some trickstuff brakes!

Overpriced nonsense. These DB8s are more than sufficient, and the price is unbeatable.

Posted: Apr 3, 2023 at 9:36 Quote
I wasn't really serious, but I really love my used Shimano Zee brakes, they are the best for value and performance

Posted: Apr 3, 2023 at 18:27 Quote
I don't like the lack of modulation with Shimano brakes. I've always been a SRAM brake enthusiast.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018522
Mobile Version of Website