2022 Mont-Saint-Anne World Cup

PB Forum :: Canada - East
2022 Mont-Saint-Anne World Cup
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 30, 2022 at 18:55 Quote
Care to share your experience at the MSA world Cup?

I'm planning on going but I can't seem to find any info. Would love to hear from people who've been. Did you have to buy a ticket? Did you hike for a trackside spot? Did you bring your bike and ride? Where did you stay?

Seems all the MSA camping spots are booked. I'm not in that area often so would like to take advantage of the trails but also don't want to miss any good parts of the event.

Posted: Apr 1, 2022 at 7:55 Quote
Wish I could answer these questions. But I too have the same inquires!

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2022 at 9:50 Quote
I've been attending the event for the last couple years. There is no entry fee but they do charge for parking. Its a bit further so you get access to a free shuttle to the mountain if you dont feel like walking.

The best spots alongside the track are in the lower half so you dont need to hike too much. Plenty of food trucks around.

Never brought my bike to the event so i can't tell you how it is during that weekend

Posted: Apr 9, 2022 at 6:51 Quote
cndhbrider wrote:
I've been attending the event for the last couple years. There is no entry fee but they do charge for parking. Its a bit further so you get access to a free shuttle to the mountain if you dont feel like walking.

The best spots alongside the track are in the lower half so you dont need to hike too much. Plenty of food trucks around.

Never brought my bike to the event so i can't tell you how it is during that weekend

That's great information! Thanks

Should be a fun weekend. Would love to hear about other peoples experiences

O+
Posted: May 2, 2022 at 7:37 Quote
Will be attending this race for the first time with Hofmang above... tying it into a little QC road trip.

Still want to hear other people experiences though!

Posted: Jul 15, 2022 at 5:01 Quote
Great to hear there is no charge to get into the races. Anyone know if they close the place down for riding while the World Cup is happening?
Any inputs are welcomed!

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2022 at 16:57 Quote
Hofmang wrote:
Great to hear there is no charge to get into the races. Anyone know if they close the place down for riding while the World Cup is happening?
Any inputs are welcomed!
Trails still opened, tho not all. Cant confirm which ones will be closed tho.

FL
Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 5:03 Quote
My last time there was 1997 so nothing I can add but it sure was a blast!

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 15:10 Quote
Leveq wrote:
Hofmang wrote:
Any inputs are welcomed!
Trails still opened, tho not all. Cant confirm which ones will be closed tho.
Everything opened except WC, "2" (duh), and the ending of 1837. Going riding tomorrow Cool

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 15:39 Quote
I went in 2016 and took the gondi to the top and walked down the course during the race to see different spots throughout. Wound up at the bottom for about the last 8 riders in the men's race. Can't recall the cost for the single trip up but it was worth it. I hiked up a bit for practice the day before - when it's super hot out that takes a lot out of you. Bring lots of water!

The xc course is small enough (and at low enough elevation) that you can walk around enough of it to see most parts throughout the men's and women's races. Having your bike for the xc would be a better option though. You'd have trouble bringing it into some wooded sections for the DH.

You can see some of my photos in my MSA WC 2016 gallery. It was an amazing experience and I would love to make it back there and to some more stops sooner than later.

edit: here is their site https://www.velirium.com/en/

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 18:55 Quote
I moved out west and didn't have funds to make it back for the WC. Decided to cancel my hotel room. A little bitter sweet I missed it, but that was amazing to watch. Watching the stream felt like a spiritual experience and I'm not religious. Felt connected to all Canadian mtbers through Steve and Finn. Next year's race will still be fun and I'll make a week trip out of it Smile thanks to everyone who commented their experiences. I'll revive the thread next year if I end up going. Hope you can all feel free to post stories and photos of this epic victory

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 18:55 Quote
accidental double post

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 22:17 Quote
mechatronicjf wrote:
I moved out west and didn't have funds to make it back for the WC. Decided to cancel my hotel room. A little bitter sweet I missed it, but that was amazing to watch. Watching the stream felt like a spiritual experience and I'm not religious. Felt connected to all Canadian mtbers through Steve and Finn. Next year's race will still be fun and I'll make a week trip out of it Smile thanks to everyone who commented their experiences. I'll revive the thread next year if I end up going. Hope you can all feel free to post stories and photos of this epic victory

Just watched the replay (after purposely ignoring PB and Instagram all day) - that was just incredible. Decisive last man down half chainless home soil win. I’ll be cheering on Jesse tomorrow for the Whistler sweep this weekend (wearing my #longlivechainsaw t).

O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 5:33 Quote
I was there and it was nuts.

O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 13:39 Quote
Looking at making a trip out to Mont Sainte Anne, but I don't speak a word of French. Is it fairly bilingual or will you struggle without speaking the language?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.043176
Mobile Version of Website