2022 Mont-Saint-Anne World Cup

PB Forum :: Canada - East
2022 Mont-Saint-Anne World Cup
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 23:08 Quote
Barks82 wrote:
Looking at making a trip out to Mont Sainte Anne, but I don't speak a word of French. Is it fairly bilingual or will you struggle without speaking the language?

You'll be fine. Most people are bilingual

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 10:20 Quote
The WC was a blast. Highly recommend to all. Free bike valet at the event. The races were great and the trails at MSA are wonderful too. I'll be going back for sure.

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 3:26 Quote
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
The WC was a blast. Highly recommend to all. Free bike valet at the event. The races were great and the trails at MSA are wonderful too. I'll be going back for sure.
What trails did you ride ?

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 5:03 Quote
La Vietnam and avenue royale were highlights.

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 14:32 Quote
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
La Vietnam and avenue royale were highlights.
Havent done Avenue Royale yet, bit of a chore to get there on a DH haha. Did a few trails in the Enduro sector but mostly riding the DH part.

Vietnam is nice. I would skip the boring and flatter top bit by turning off into Grisante at the second fork (past the Tordue one), then getting Bapteme until the rest area, but the rest past that is a blast. Love the techy lower part, you can carry mad speed in there.

Erabliere is also super nice to do, still somewhat "friendly", similar to Viet but a bit slower tech instead. Then Tordue is a big jump in commitment, very nice trail as well mixing both slow and high speed, but adding classic MSA gnarly jank with tough line choices and surprise rock drops to give you a taste of whats to come. You can end the lap with a jump trail called Barbelée for a complete buffet of styles lol.

Next, and thats where I'm at atm you got 1837, the most accessible true double black, starts off not too bad with "La Belle" section but gets pretty real when you enter "La Bete"; rockier, steeper, even trickier corners and tougher line choices. Then goes into "La Patriote", which starts off with drops, big doubles, big berms back into some loamy woods. Helluva trail really.

Beyond that other than a couple loamers I havent been yet, Tak-Tak and L' Ancienne are probably the next ones Smile

Often times people complain how rough and blown out a lot of it is (and its true maintenance tends to be lacking at times, with how big the mountain is and how few builders there are), but in the end thats probably a result of machine-groomed trails becoming so popular. They forget and dont appreciate what real DH used to be like, despite everybody riding big bikes ! Less and less places like MSA around. And hopefully its around for a long time still and keeps true to its roots (and rocks).

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012123
Mobile Version of Website