What’s like a 5010 or transition scout?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
What’s like a 5010 or transition scout?
Previous Page |
Posted: Mar 31, 2022 at 0:30 Quote
Lookin for a new ride, it’ll be my only bike besides an old clunker dj that i still have loads of fun on. Last bike i had was a 2017 5010 and i loved it. Would still be on that but had to pay medical bills (that i got on the 5010 lol)

I want something mad playful, super easy to pop all over and toss around in the air, but be able to handle days out on sketchy trails too. Leaning 27.5 but haven’t spent much time on a 29. Don’t need something that’s gonna go through a bike park every day or win enduro races, most of my riding is either tryin new stuff at the local underground jump parks or pedaling up and have hella fun goin down stylin out jumps, poppin off side hits, whatever mane i’m not in a race.

Right now the transition scout or another 5010 are top of my list, but im lookin for some more suggestions. I’m not a dentist so prolly not a revel or a yeti nomsayin?

Cheers

Posted: Mar 31, 2022 at 2:08 Quote
Can’t go wrong with either of those. Could put a trek remedy on that list too…

Posted: Mar 31, 2022 at 12:23 Quote
Mirknal4 wrote:
Lookin for a new ride, it’ll be my only bike besides an old clunker dj that i still have loads of fun on. Last bike i had was a 2017 5010 and i loved it. Would still be on that but had to pay medical bills (that i got on the 5010 lol)

I want something mad playful, super easy to pop all over and toss around in the air, but be able to handle days out on sketchy trails too. Leaning 27.5 but haven’t spent much time on a 29. Don’t need something that’s gonna go through a bike park every day or win enduro races, most of my riding is either tryin new stuff at the local underground jump parks or pedaling up and have hella fun goin down stylin out jumps, poppin off side hits, whatever mane i’m not in a race.

Right now the transition scout or another 5010 are top of my list, but im lookin for some more suggestions. I’m not a dentist so prolly not a revel or a yeti nomsayin?

Cheers

Same here, wanted a Transition Scout, shop told me to expect one to come in late 2023 early 2024 if I order now, uhhh no thanks???

Posted: Mar 31, 2022 at 12:33 Quote
Damn rug, that’s a phat wait. Luckily I’m pretty broke so I’ll prolly get one used. What did you end up getting?

Posted: Mar 31, 2022 at 17:37 Quote
Different thread, same answer: Check out the YT Izzo. Bang for the buck (relatively,) plus it's a good-lookin' bike! Big Grin

Posted: Apr 1, 2022 at 8:00 Quote
Check out Specialized Status. Sounds like a bike for you

Posted: Apr 2, 2022 at 4:34 Quote
Mirknal4 wrote:
Damn rug, that’s a phat wait. Luckily I’m pretty broke so I’ll prolly get one used. What did you end up getting?

Nothing, couldn't find anything used in a Large in asia, sticking to my 2020 Carbon Stumpjumper, very playful, quite like it, built it up December 2020off a used frame and it's finally getting a full service, been creak free until a few weeks ago.

Posted: Apr 2, 2022 at 5:35 Quote
Cannondale habit the one ratboy uses

Posted: May 7, 2022 at 12:20 Quote
Mirknal4 wrote:

Thought I'd update, been a while, I'm just gonna go to the shop and put down a deposit and hope for the best, friend got his bike like more than a year before he was supposed to. Transition does have some scout frames in stock, we'll see how it goes, was told earliest mid/late 2023, fingers crossed I'll have something to ride this year. If it takes too long I'll cancel the deposit.

Posted: May 9, 2022 at 18:09 Quote
Mirknal4 wrote:

https://ridegg.com/collections/shred-dogg

Posted: May 10, 2022 at 10:52 Quote
Have the scout and you're description is spot on for what it does best. My local shop is a transition dealer and has them in stock occasionally so you may just need to hunt for them and call around because I know that Transition's site rarely has them in stock and that goes double for the carbon scout

I imagine getting a SC 5010 would be a solid choice with a bit less aggressive geo but similar availability

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 9:04 Quote
I have a new Scout and a friend has a 5010. The Scout blurs the line between plow and pop, where the 5010 is more like all pop (ie - full squish bmx bike).

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 16:06 Quote
Ain't nothing more like a 5010 or a scout than a 5010 or a scouat

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 20:09 Quote
Realized i am an idiot replying while working and not answering the question. Would think a Shred dog from GG would be similar to the 5010 or the Megatrail but it may be more of a plow. Otherwise maybe a Ibis mojo for more of those shorter travel 27.5

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 23:40 Quote
Finally got my Transition Scout frame, was told early/mid 2023 at the start of the year, bullshit like I expected. Everything else was nice.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007109
Mobile Version of Website