Sweat solutions

• Next Page
Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 7:20 Quote
Mully1906 wrote:
Not tried this myself, but I've seen people mention use of Vaseline on your forehead/brow to direct the sweat down the side of your face. Pretty sure runners do something similar...

I used to do this when i played football. It's pretty unpleasant stuff to have smeared all over your head.

My current best solution is a very thin sweatband from Amazon. They were 9 quid for a pack of 3 and they work a treat, I've done several 3 hour rides in pretty sweaty conditions and been able to wear glasses the whole time without any dripping.

They're nothing special, thin enough to fit under the helmet without bother. No rubber strips or anything. I'll try to add a link if anyone's interested.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 12:34 Quote
I've been using a Bell 4Forty helmet with a built-in Sweat Guide for over 2 years.
Just wanted to report on this thread that it really works as described.
Almost all of the head perspiration is channeled to the front center which then drips down, like a leaky faucet, all over the place.
The good part: no sweat get into your eyes or runs down you face or neck.
The bad part: you get sweat dropping on your handlebar, stem, top tube, tips of your shoes, etc.

To minimize the mess, I carry a small wash towel in my fanny pack to dry my head, face, and blot-dry the helmet liner after long climbs.

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2022 at 17:30 Quote
This is going to sound like a joke, but I assure you it’s not…

Womens feminine pads. Cut accordingly and stick it to the inside of your helmet where it makes contact with your forehead.

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 5:38 Quote
Got a sweat-buster and have been quite pleased. Fit right into helmet by taking out stock padding (which wasn’t much) and using stock Velcro that was there.

It regularly sucks up a tablespoon or more of sweat on a long, humid mtb ride.

Got a new set of knock off glasses that have a rubber stand off on top of the frames which helped yesterday.

Pretty good solution for 85 degree, 95% humidity days - which we just call June, July, august and September in the southeast.

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 12:59 Quote
Cnorris811 wrote:

Womens feminine pads. Cut accordingly and stick it to the inside of your helmet where it makes contact with your forehead.

Yup. Go to a pro mx race in the US and you will see dudes doing this on the top part of their goggle foam. Guessing the Euros do it as well for when they race in the tropics.

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 14:41 Quote
Ih8Hondas wrote:
Cnorris811 wrote:

Yup. Go to a pro mx race in the US and you will see dudes doing this on the top part of their goggle foam. Guessing the Euros do it as well for when they race in the tropics.

Macho bonus points if your woman uses it first!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016892
Mobile Version of Website