Decent hamsterley

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Decent hamsterley
O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2009 at 14:34 Quote
milanboy1986 wrote:
Anybody know how to get there from Durham? It seems there's no train between Durham and Hamsterley, and seems to far to ride there. or should I just go to Bishop Auckland first and then ride there?
You want to get a lift or drive its not really within riding distance on a dh bike.

Posted: Nov 11, 2009 at 19:23 Quote
Shoe2190 wrote:
milanboy1986 wrote:
Anybody know how to get there from Durham? It seems there's no train between Durham and Hamsterley, and seems to far to ride there. or should I just go to Bishop Auckland first and then ride there?
You want to get a lift or drive its not really within riding distance on a dh bike.
No, I only have an xc bike, but I heard the trails there are suitable for all kinds of riding styles. Of course I fancy a DH bike...but I don't have one now...Frown

and btw, I'm planning to go to Kildale to do some riding if the weather is ok. that'll be easier to go to.

Posted: Nov 11, 2009 at 23:17 Quote
hamsterley is 9 miles from bishop auckland but there is a bus that goes to hamsterley village from bishop bus station,
not shure bout gettn yeh bike on the bus yell have to ask the driver.Smile

Posted: Nov 12, 2009 at 12:42 Quote
Bits are changing constantly down there, I ride there pretty much every week and there is always something newWink

As for getting to hamsterley from durham, not sure to be honest, I drive and it takes me around 30 mins from durhamWink

Posted: Dec 28, 2009 at 2:39 Quote
Does anyone know what the DH and 4x track are like at the minute as well as the roads to get there. Hoping to get up tomorrow if the roads are ok and the track is clear.

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 13:02 Quote
how about doing a DH track for beginers

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 13:03 Quote
mdstampy wrote:
there is, the fire road Razz

haha jokes man Smile
the top half there are a lot of flowy trails there Smile

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 13:06 Quote
t0mm wrote:
mdstampy wrote:
there is, the fire road Razz

haha jokes man Smile
the top half there are a lot of flowy trails there Smile

ye i know i have been up there but i thort just for beginers like my dad he dont want to pay the permit and then find out he can't do it

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 13:06 Quote
There's always the red trail for beginers or like t0mm says the top half is easy enough.

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 13:08 Quote
yea i was talking to some of the guys up there, the loop has some mint sections in apparently with loads of burms and stuff which would be good to play on

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 13:08 Quote
bea5ty wrote:
There's always the red trail for beginers or like t0mm says the top half is easy enough.

ye i know but they mite make more money bilding a propper beginer DH track

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 13:13 Quote
is there a 25 foot bomb hole swome where at hamsterly??

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 14:19 Quote
mdstampy wrote:
yer its about 20ft form bomb hole to bomhole

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 14:58 Quote
its on the top half of the track at decend track runs paralel (sort of) with the main line
fireballrider wrote:
mdstampy wrote:
yer its about 20ft form bomb hole to bomhole

O+
Posted: May 18, 2010 at 2:01 Quote
If anybody has tried to get on the descend hamsterley website recently you will of noticed that it hasnt been working so.
descend hamsterley has got a new website address;

www.descend-bikepark.co.uk

hopefully i will get the details soon to be able to link through from the old web adress but in the meantime please use the adress above.

cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010826
Mobile Version of Website