26 in Cruelty

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 11:16 Quote
Been to Wales an Scotland plenty but if you wanna buy me a plane ticket to the alps then be my guest..
If you want to bring physics into it please look up gyroscopic effect an then you'll maybe learn why wagon wheels handle like shit in everything but a straight line

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 11:26 Quote
naptime wrote:
fourfourone wrote:
naptime wrote:
Genuine question....
You obviously got a new more modern bike...
Can you honestly say the more modern bike with updated geo, suss an parts was faster or the wheel size?

I've ridden all the sizes apart from 27/29 mullet and, apart the bigger wheels feeling worse in the air and tight tech single track. I can honestly say I didn't feel ANY benefits like speed, rollover or grip....

Don't take this the wrong way but you must be a VERY beginner rider if you can't notice the difference from and 26 to 29 when it comes to roll over benefits. a 29er is drastically better rolling over rough terrain. Its literally night and day difference. Even going from 27.5 to 29 is better when it comes to roll over.

Yeah you're right I've only been riding bikes about 40 years......

Guess you should start practicing more than

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 11:28 Quote
naptime wrote:
Been to Wales an Scotland plenty but if you wanna buy me a plane ticket to the alps then be my guest..
If you want to bring physics into it please look up gyroscopic effect an then you'll maybe learn why wagon wheels handle like shit in everything but a straight line

you have no clue what you are talking about lol. a larger gyroscopic will actually create more stability.

you seem to be part of the 26 brain wash crew.

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 11:34 Quote
naptime wrote:
then you'll maybe learn why wagon wheels handle like shit in everything but a straight line

Preferring 26" wheels is perfectly fine, everyone prefers different characteristics in a bike. But saying you didn't notice any difference in rollover, speed or grip with a 29er, or all 29ers handle like shit in everything but a straight line just makes you sound either like you're lying to yourself, or you really don't notice anything on a bike. It sounds like someone driving an M3 vs a base 3-series and saying they didn't notice a difference. That's totally fine that you didn't notice the difference, and maybe you prefer the normal 3-series, but it doesn't mean there aren't differences.

Anyway, the market generally buys what's a better product. There is a reason v-brakes, 1.95" tires, and 26" wheels are niche products. Some people might prefer them for their needs, and that's cool. No need to be dickish.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 11:37 Quote
bishopsmike wrote:
naptime wrote:
then you'll maybe learn why wagon wheels handle like shit in everything but a straight line

Preferring 26" wheels is perfectly fine, everyone prefers different characteristics in a bike. But saying you didn't notice any difference in rollover, speed or grip with a 29er, or all 29ers handle like shit in everything but a straight line just makes you sound either like you're lying to yourself, or you really don't notice anything on a bike. It sounds like someone driving an M3 vs a base 3-series and saying they didn't notice a difference. That's totally fine that you didn't notice the difference, and maybe you prefer the normal 3-series, but it doesn't mean there aren't differences.

Anyway, the market generally buys what's a better product. There is a reason v-brakes, 1.95" tires, and 26" wheels are niche products. Some people might prefer them for their needs, and that's cool. No need to be dickish.

Exactly.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 11:52 Quote
29'rs do turn in slower... my trick, cut the bars down 10mm-20mm compared to what you run on 26"

The problem with 26" is most of the geo is dated, which makes them suck more than a similarly sized but modern geo 27.5.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 12:02 Quote
fourfourone wrote:
naptime wrote:
fourfourone wrote:

Don't take this the wrong way but you must be a VERY beginner rider if you can't notice the difference from and 26 to 29 when it comes to roll over benefits. a 29er is drastically better rolling over rough terrain. Its literally night and day difference. Even going from 27.5 to 29 is better when it comes to roll over.

Yeah you're right I've only been riding bikes about 40 years......

Guess you should start practicing more than

Yaawwwwn

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 12:02 Quote
fourfourone wrote:
naptime wrote:

you have no clue what you are talking about lol. a larger gyroscopic will actually create more stability.

you seem to be part of the 26 brain wash crew.

Yaawwwwn

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 12:03 Quote
bishopsmike wrote:
naptime wrote:

Yaawwwwwn

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 12:07 Quote
So what are you all gonna do when the industry introduces another new wheel size...? Another new standard and another new standard etc etc I guess you'll all buy into that hype too?
It's planed obsolescence an it's f*cking naive to think otherwise....
Oh an buy the way
All your hero's are juiced
An
Ebikes f*cking suck

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 12:16 Quote
naptime wrote:
So what are you all gonna do when the industry introduces another new wheel size...? Another new standard and another new standard etc etc I guess you'll all buy into that hype too?
It's planed obsolescence an it's f*cking naive to think otherwise....
Oh an buy the way
All your hero's are juiced
An
Ebikes f*cking suck

What did a 29er bike do to hurt your feelings so bad...

I think its time to remove your head from your ass

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 13:05 Quote
We all definetely agree that 26in rules

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 13:06 Quote
29in is for xl bikes

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 13:44 Quote
Best not to argue and agree to disagree. There’s just no getting through to some people no matter what the facts are.

Posted: Aug 29, 2022 at 17:23 Quote
26inch is for Slopestyle and cool bikes

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011942
Mobile Version of Website