Bronson v4 dropper length?

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Bronson v4 dropper length?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 14, 2022 at 8:50 Quote
What are people running for droppers on the Bronson v4? I put a 175mm Fox Transfer on my size large but there seems to be alot of seatpost out of the frame which makes me think I could have done at least 200. Fo reference, I'm 6'1" tall and have a 32 inch inseam.

Posted: Apr 19, 2022 at 8:47 Quote
I’m a similar size to you but have an xl. I’m running a 210mm one up dropper which is near enough slammed. Have to run it a few mm above slammed or the actuator hits something in seat tube and it’s permanently on.

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 15:53 Quote
following up on this. Tried to put a 200 in there and was too long. I couldn't get it far enough into the frame for my 32" inseam without the actuator hanging up and causing the post to not fully extend.

Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 6:50 Quote
I'm running a 210 OneUp on my medium with no issues.

Posted: Jan 29, 2023 at 9:58 Quote
Hi. When you mean no issues, are you slammed all the way down? Or you have no issues with your legs? I am thinking the real question is the maximum insersion length, which is probably around 250 for medium v4. I am curious if reverb axs can be slammed.

Posted: Jan 31, 2023 at 8:43 Quote
I have a 200mm Reverb on my XL V4 Bronson. It is slammed all the way and love it. I am 6'2".

Posted: Jan 31, 2023 at 8:55 Quote
jLAWLESS23 wrote:
I have a 200mm Reverb on my XL V4 Bronson. It is slammed all the way and love it. I am 6'2".

photo

Posted: Jan 31, 2023 at 23:09 Quote
hoon1kang wrote:
Hi. When you mean no issues, are you slammed all the way down? Or you have no issues with your legs? I am thinking the real question is the maximum insersion length, which is probably around 250 for medium v4. I am curious if reverb axs can be slammed.
No, it can't be slammed all the way down. With a 210mm OneUp there will be about 40mm sticking out of the seat tube.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 24, 2023 at 12:02 Quote
mafflin wrote:

Good to know. I've got a medium Bronson v4 frame on order and hoping I can transfer the 200mm 2021 Fox dropper I have on my current bike to the new one. Hopefully I won't have to drop down to a 180mm or less.

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2023 at 11:17 Quote
Trinimon wrote:
mafflin wrote:

Good to know. I've got a medium Bronson v4 frame on order and hoping I can transfer the 200mm 2021 Fox dropper I have on my current bike to the new one. Hopefully I won't have to drop down to a 180mm or less.

I know I’m several weeks late here, and sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but chances are pretty slim that you’re going to fit a 200 Transfer to a medium Bronson. Your max insertion on the medium will be maybe 240ish mm. The post length is a bit over 550mm including actuator. So you’ll have 310mm of exposed post give or take. Add that to a 405mm seat tube length, and add 45mm for your saddle stack. That’s gets you to a minimum saddle height of 760mm from the bb. If you’re a tall dude who likes to size down for flickability or whatever, maybe that’ll work for you. If you’re more in the bell curve for someone who would ride a medium, you’re going to have to go with a different post.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 28, 2023 at 5:48 Quote
BrambleLee wrote:
I know I’m several weeks late here, and sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but chances are pretty slim that you’re going to fit a 200 Transfer to a medium Bronson. Your max insertion on the medium will be maybe 240ish mm. The post length is a bit over 550mm including actuator. So you’ll have 310mm of exposed post give or take. Add that to a 405mm seat tube length, and add 45mm for your saddle stack. That’s gets you to a minimum saddle height of 760mm from the bb. If you’re a tall dude who likes to size down for flickability or whatever, maybe that’ll work for you. If you’re more in the bell curve for someone who would ride a medium, you’re going to have to go with a different post.

Ah dang it. I've got a OneUp 180mm that I can borrow off my other bike and use that to see what max length I can go with. I was hoping to avoid having to buy a new dropper... I'm 5'10" with a 31" inseam and between a medium and large.

I'll hold off on buying anything until I get the bike built up just in case but at least I won't be surprised if I have to get a new dropper.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2023 at 12:31 Quote
t0dd805 wrote:
What are people running for droppers on the Bronson v4? I put a 175mm Fox Transfer on my size large but there seems to be alot of seatpost out of the frame which makes me think I could have done at least 200. Fo reference, I'm 6'1" tall and have a 32 inch inseam.

I'm also 6'1" on a large V4. I have 210 with plenty of space; about 45mm of post showing. I have long legs .

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019050
Mobile Version of Website