Visiting San Francisco Area, MTB trail centres recommendations

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Visiting San Francisco Area, MTB trail centres recommendations
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 4, 2022 at 6:40 Quote
We’re visiting SF Bay Area in June from UK. Any recommendations for a good trail centre, up to 5 hour drive. Not sure that Marin sounds that great anymore??? Single track and technical, not full on downhill black runs. Cheers

Posted: May 4, 2022 at 7:53 Quote
I'm not a local so I can't give you any specific direction, but in an effort to assist I recommend checking out TF and seeing what's been popular and what the current trail conditions are like. There's a lot to choose from.
A very popular area seems to be Tamarancho / West Marin / North Tam

https://www.trailforks.com/region/tamarancho--west-marin--north-tam/?activitytype=1&z=10.3&lat=37.97472&lon=-122.54308

Hope it helps a little.

Posted: May 4, 2022 at 20:35 Quote
Cathyhair wrote:
We’re visiting SF Bay Area in June from UK. Any recommendations for a good trail centre, up to 5 hour drive. Not sure that Marin sounds that great anymore??? Single track and technical, not full on downhill black runs. Cheers

What kind of mileage and elevation gain are you looking for? I’m in Marin… I have some friends who live in Swindon…DM me if you’re interested? Otherwise, UCSC in Santa Cruz is a great spot to ride…your experience will be much nicer with a guide.

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 14:21 Quote
https://www.fire.ca.gov/programs/resource-management/resource-protection-improvement/demonstration-state-forests/soquel/

Just south of Santa Cruz is Soquel State Demonstration Forest that will provide you with a couple days riding along with Nisene Marks St. Park connecting to it.
Wilder Ranch/UCSC is another option out of Santa Cruz.
Drive time from S.F. Bay Area is 1.5 hr. Depending on your location.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005185
Mobile Version of Website