Ride for a day in Slovenia (Lake Bled)

PB Forum :: Europe
Ride for a day in Slovenia (Lake Bled)
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: May 9, 2022 at 13:35 Quote
Hi All,

Planning to honeymoon in Slovenia, and somehow convinced the wife to let me ride one day (the 4th). Will be staying in Lake Bled that day.

I reached out to a couple tour companies but no response. Is just planning to go to Kranjska Gora my best bet? All recommendations appreciated.

Posted: May 14, 2022 at 2:12 Quote
laxman2001 wrote:
Hi All,

Planning to honeymoon in Slovenia, and somehow convinced the wife to let me ride one day (the 4th). Will be staying in Lake Bled that day.

I reached out to a couple tour companies but no response. Is just planning to go to Kranjska Gora my best bet? All recommendations appreciated.
I looked at Kransjka and Kravec and the sites seem down, but they are still included on the site of the EU "Gravity Card" so I assume they are not defunct. Websites can be poorly maintained in Slovenia still. But better confirm before you go there.

Kransjka is definitely more bikeparkish. Shop at the bottom, rentals etc. Kravec has 2 lines going down basically (but are long), but I don't remember any shop or rental there.
Last time I was at both of them was 2018.

You could also consider Maribor Pohorje bikepark. You could even bring the wife and drop here off: it is a nice city to visit with interesting historic buildings and a nice vibe and plenty of shops and places to eat or hang out. The bikepark is on the outskirts of town: just 10-15 minute by bus or taxi to the old town at the river. I think I walked it once in hour, but not really interesting route, so would not recommend that Wink .

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 12:25 Quote
There's plenty of trails in the area, mostly hiking trails though. This one for example is an interesting ride quite close to Bled, and you can easily reach its starting point by bus. I assume you also need to rent the bike? Don't know about rentals, but yes, I suppose Kranjska Gora might have something. Ljubljana for sure has many options, but it's slightly further away, especially if you have to come to town, get the gear, go biking and give it back. LJ itself is also quite cool for riding, though not nearly as wild as the "real" mountains.
Enjoy Slovenia Smile

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009775
Mobile Version of Website