Knee/shin pads? Any good ones?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Knee/shin pads? Any good ones?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 10, 2022 at 6:12 Quote
I know they're unpopular but I fear the pedal to shin strike. Been wearing the Fox launch for years and its time to replace them. Anybody have a good pick?

Posted: May 10, 2022 at 10:27 Quote
I too am still sporting fox leg armour from 2002. I tend to hit my shins more than I smash knees so I don't want just knee pads alone. There doesn't seem to be much for better options out there than my old shit so there hasn't been any motivation to buy new ones.

Posted: May 10, 2022 at 16:08 Quote
If you´re ok with sacrificing some shin coverage, the 7idP Sam Hill are superbly comfortable. My choice for wearing under long pants. They don´t cover the entire shin area, but reach further down than many other options.
If you want something with more coverage, Scott Grenades with the separate shin extension are very comfortable, cover everything, relatively light weight, but of course a little warm compared to smaller pads like the Sam Hills.
They´re vastly superior to anything else i´ve tried so far in terms of coverage and protection. The Sam Hills are astonishingly safe considering how lightweight they are.

Posted: May 10, 2022 at 20:07 Quote
Loki87 wrote:
If you´re ok with sacrificing some shin coverage, the 7idP Sam Hill are superbly comfortable. My choice for wearing under long pants. They don´t cover the entire shin area, but reach further down than many other options.
If you want something with more coverage, Scott Grenades with the separate shin extension are very comfortable, cover everything, relatively light weight, but of course a little warm compared to smaller pads like the Sam Hills.
They´re vastly superior to anything else i´ve tried so far in terms of coverage and protection. The Sam Hills are astonishingly safe considering how lightweight they are.

Yeah I love the Sam Hill’s for my enduro bike. For bike parks and shuttles I would like to have better protection

Posted: May 11, 2022 at 8:44 Quote
Loki87 wrote:

Interesting, those are 2 choice I had overlooked. Looks like great options, thank you!

Posted: May 11, 2022 at 9:38 Quote
Big fan of the 100% teratecs. Good protection. Can wear 'em all day and not notice them.

Posted: May 11, 2022 at 10:33 Quote
CSdirt wrote:
Loki87 wrote:

Interesting, those are 2 choice I had overlooked. Looks like great options, thank you!

I´ve become a big fan of both companies´ protection offerings. They´re very well thought out and quite obviously based on real world experience rather than made up in some marketing bureau. Which also shows in how they don´t change their lineup every year like a lot of other companies and only make gradual improvements. And both offer extremely good value for money, especially 7idP.
Also in my experience the SAS-TEC foam in the 7idP is noticeably better than other offerings in terms of impact absorption.

Posted: May 12, 2022 at 3:56 Quote
Leatt EXT hybrid. Knee is D30 and shin is hard shell. I use them everywhere and they are comfortable.

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 14:44 Quote
Keep your eyes peeled for some vintage Roach pads, thick & burly

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 17:42 Quote
chory wrote:
Leatt EXT hybrid. Knee is D30 and shin is hard shell. I use them everywhere and they are comfortable.

Have these too and recommend them

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006002
Mobile Version of Website