2009 Specialized Tarmac for $50.00 - good deal?

PB Forum :: Specialized
2009 Specialized Tarmac for $50.00 - good deal?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 10, 2022 at 19:17 Quote
Someone in my neighborhood was recently getting rid of a 2009 Specialized Tarmac for $50.00. I don't know much of anything about road bikes but I know Specialized is a pretty decent bike brand, and I also know that carbon fiber bikes can be quite expensive new. Anyways... I decided to buy the bike.

My questions are - (1) what do you think the true value of this bike is? / Did I do well picking this thing up for $50.00? (2) Is this large framed road bike too big of a bike for someone my size (5'8") to ride comfortably? (I took it for a spin and, maybe its just the fact that its a road bike and you have to lean over to ride it, but I felt like it was pretty uncomfortable. (Note - this is coming from someone who has only ridden bmx / mountain bikes). I tried lowering the seat all the way down, and it looks like it has some additional room to go down some but it was getting difficult to get it any lower. (3) Is there a trick to getting the seat lower on a road bike?

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 20:27 Quote
Large is for 6 feet and up usually. You can make it work but probably shorter stem and move your seat forward. $50 is a great deal but yeah for your height that’s the wrong size. Sell Price if no issues $1000-$1500, lower seat by seat clamp

Not sure if your trolling or not here

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 22:01 Quote
The price is stupid low and the serial number decal is partially removed. I'm 99% sure you're in possession of a stolen bike.

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 7:35 Quote
Retro-Grip wrote:
Large is for 6 feet and up usually. You can make it work but probably shorter stem and move your seat forward. $50 is a great deal but yeah for your height that’s the wrong size. Sell Price if no issues $1000-$1500, lower seat by seat clamp

Not sure if your trolling or not here
Could it be that the seat post is just way too long...? And like it just doesn't go any lower?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007947
Mobile Version of Website