Should I replace the Chainring?

PB Forum :: eMTB
Should I replace the Chainring?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 12, 2022 at 11:49 Quote
I've recently bought a used Turbo Levo Expert Carbon 2020 for what I consider is a bargain price (4500€). The bike is in pristine condition with newly replaced motor. I commute to work so I mostly have the bike turned off and only use turbo to get up the hill so I rarely use high gears. I checked the chain stretch a week ago and noticed that the chain is completely gone, way over 1%, so I bought a new one and upgraded from GX to SRAM X01 Eagle Chain 12-speed because it supposedly lasts longer. Anyway, the chain is skipping like crazy on the last 3 high gears and I assume that the previous owner was driving the bike on turbo a lot and completely worn them out as well.

I've just ordered a new SRAM XG-1275 Eagle GX 10-50T 12P cassette, so my question is, should I replace the front chainring as well, just to be sure? I've talked to the local bikeshop and they said that the front chainring should be fine, but I would prefer not to destroy 240€ worth of new parts, just because I'm too cheap to replace a 50€ chainring.

What do you think?

Chain for reference:

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008021
Mobile Version of Website