Frame protection nightmare

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Frame protection nightmare
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 12, 2022 at 22:41 Quote
Hey mechs, I’m from Winnipeg. Just got a new er bike and I was going to get a wrap done on it before riding and with further research could not find any local shop who carried ride wrap or anything similar so with some suggestion I went to a local graphics shop and they offered me a “very similar” product to try out. (My regrets, not cheaper than ordering a ride wrap kit)
Anyways I start working on the project myself eager to learn and heck maybe do a couple bikes seeing as I know a few people now riding carbons, $$$$ K so I try it myself, make all the custom pieces yada yay like 3 hours work, I go and get the baby soap, make my soap mix and start to instal only this stuff does not adhere to the bike, it will not stick,

SO just wondering if anyone has had any similar issues doing this with a legit ride wrap kit and had similar issues? I’ve diluted my solution by half all ready from the suggested mixture ratio to no avail.
This thing is clean as a baptized baby I mean it’s spotless,
Anyways! The only thing I can think is I have the wrong soap.
People on YouTube saying “baby soap” IMO not helpful and evidently there are some chemicals involved here which the necessary product is or is not supposed to have.
I plan to phone the shop tomorrow and ask some more questions, just looking for some legit advice before I go mad on somebody and or jump off a cliff.

O+
Posted: May 13, 2022 at 5:27 Quote
Johnson and Johnson baby soap or something similar. The idea of the water/soap solution is to prevent the film from sticking, so you can move it into place and then squeegee all the water/soap and air bubbles out. Once that is done, the Film should be firmly in place, but will take a good 5-8 hours to be full dry and secured to the frame.

What product did they sell you for the film?

Posted: Jun 9, 2022 at 18:40 Quote
Use the baby soap mixture to allow it to slide for alignment. Mix up a second bottle with water and isopropyl alcohol. This alcohol mixture will activate the glue and make it stick.

Posted: Jun 9, 2022 at 20:24 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
Johnson and Johnson baby soap or something similar. The idea of the water/soap solution is to prevent the film from sticking, so you can move it into place and then squeegee all the water/soap and air bubbles out. Once that is done, the Film should be firmly in place, but will take a good 5-8 hours to be full dry and secured to the frame.

What product did they sell you for the film?

Thanks a bunch. I haven't known that baby soap is okay.
slope 2 unblocked

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008580
Mobile Version of Website