Single Speed dh

PB Forum :: Downhill
Single Speed dh
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 13, 2022 at 10:35 Quote
Anybody running a single speed dh bike? I am thinking about building a park bike, and I like the idea of running single speed.

what kind of kits do people recommend?

O+
Posted: May 13, 2022 at 21:37 Quote
I have the SB One single speed tensioner and the Reverse Components single speed gear.

Works great, perfect for park bike!

Posted: May 14, 2022 at 7:39 Quote
I'm running SB one g3c and a gusset xd kit. Tried three other tensioners before the biting the bullet, keeps the bike almost silent. Great park set up.

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 3:08 Quote
Oro wrote:
I'm running SB one g3c and a gusset xd kit. Tried three other tensioners before the biting the bullet, keeps the bike almost silent. Great park set up.

i think this is the way i am going to go,

my wheels set are micro spline, so may have to swap my freehub.

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 9:49 Quote
Depending on which sprocket (number of teeth) you want to use for your gear combo, I think you can keep the freehub, because the smaller sprockets are individual, not riveted together on a carrier like the bigger ones. I'm pretty sure the actual freehub diameter is the same as Hyperglide, so you can use normal spacers. The catch is that you'll have to keep the smallest (10t) and if memory serves also the next smallest (12t) sprockets installed in order for the cassette lockring to attach properly to the freehub.

Caveat: I haven't actually tried this; I'm just extrapolating from having installed Microspline cassettes in the past.

Mod
Posted: May 15, 2022 at 10:32 Quote
sherpaman wrote:
Oro wrote:

i think this is the way i am going to go,

my wheels set are micro spline, so may have to swap my freehub.

if you have a common hub people like to trade on pb

O+
Posted: May 16, 2022 at 12:23 Quote
I use the rolhof tensioner I run 36 front with a 13t rear cogs

O+
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 21:32 Quote
I’m running a reverse single speed hg setup with shimano alfine tensioner (mega cheap compared to others) with it ziptied to the chainstay, works great. Broke one zippy casing the f out of a big step up but over all it’s taken everything I’ve put it through.

A lot of what I ride is more technical and In situations where you have to be on the pedals it definitely has its limitations and takes some getting used to, but my god is it nice knowing Ill never spend much money on broken derailleurs/shifters again

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009184
Mobile Version of Website