Fox float x2 settings help

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Fox float x2 settings help
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 14, 2022 at 4:31 Quote
Just got a new to me vitus sommet with the float x2 shock downloaded the fox settings but they don't make a lot of sense.
A couple of settings are saying for my weight it should be 15 and 14 clicks but theres only 11 on one and 12 on the other.
Do i just run them all the way open? hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge can help as im just starting out.
Haven't had chance to ride it yet first test ride tomorrow so hopefully the settings aren't far off.

Thanks in advance

Posted: May 14, 2022 at 8:36 Quote
Did you get these settings by taking the four digit Tune ID off the sticker on the shock and entering that under "Search for Your Product Info" on this page? https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike

Posted: May 14, 2022 at 9:32 Quote
No i didn't to be fair i didn't realise that was a thing.
I just used a generic tune off of fox for the shock i will look when im home hopefully im not too far out .
Cheers for the advice.

Posted: May 14, 2022 at 11:12 Quote
There're actually someone who uses all those online tune setting recommendations?.. ) Nice..

1. Open all dials (lsr, hsr, lsc, hsc).
2. Make sure you pumped correctly ifp piggyback.
3. Pump up the air can to your prefs. I do it for 210 psi (my weight 74 kg), then do the biggest jump, look the travel o-ring, re-pump it till o-ring almost at the top (yeah, I like plush).
4. Then - think about your terrain, your trails, obstacles, ... Rebound always more to close-side than open cause we don't want to go otb if huck to flat. Compression - well, as I said - depending on terrain. Too close - bad for berms and drops, too close - bad fir roots and rocks,..

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 10:22 Quote
theres 2 X2s, an old one with the climb switch on the compression dial and a new VVC X2, they have different clicks

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006158
Mobile Version of Website