Wife new bike....Revel Rail vs Santa Cruz Bronson

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Wife new bike....Revel Rail vs Santa Cruz Bronson
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 14, 2022 at 15:26 Quote
Im looking at getting my wife a new bike. She had her yeti for 3 or so years, but now needs more travel.

She hates a full 29er (shes 5 2) so we have eliminated that.

The two bikes that stand out are the Bronson (mullet) or the Revel Rail.

The rail looks good (27.5 build) and seems like it climbs nicely.

Anything else we can consider? What one would you buy out of the two?

O+
Posted: May 25, 2022 at 8:26 Quote
I'm biased because I have a Rail and the wife has a Rascal. The antisquat is unreal for climbing but you can't go wrong with a Santa Cruz. VPP suspension is also great on the climbs. Don't forget option C which is mulleting the Rail. Google it, a few people have done it and are liking it.

Posted: May 29, 2022 at 19:39 Quote
Deffo a Rail.
They look phenominal

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2022 at 14:25 Quote
You can also mullet the 2022 yeti sb140.

Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 12:06 Quote
Evil Insurgent mx or Transition Patrol are a couple other mx options.

I just tried a Bronson mx at Highland last week. It felt instantly comfortable. I kept forgetting I was on a mullet. So well balanced.

That being said, I'm 6'1" and only rode downhill with it, so no climbing experience with it. I also hit the pedals a bunch of times on this one rock drop and pretty sure I would have cleared with a full 29er.

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 6:52 Quote
Get something cheap until you are sure she really wants to ride….. maybe look at the giant bikes women’s line” liv” I think. New long top tubes are great for men but women on average have shorter torso’s and longer legs.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 14:12 Quote
mustclime wrote:
Get something cheap until you are sure she really wants to ride….. maybe look at the giant bikes women’s line” liv” I think. New long top tubes are great for men but women on average have shorter torso’s and longer legs.

I think you missed the part where she's already riding at Yeti...

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 7:25 Quote
HeyBaumeister wrote:
mustclime wrote:

Sooooo she wants to upgrade from a yeti? As someone that’s been married for 25 years I have become fluent in “wife”. If a yeti is not good enough anymore that may mean she is tired of the blood, mud and scars that is mountain biking. I was just saying that the new long reach bikes kind of suck for women.

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 10:43 Quote
tell you what, I'd choose new bike over wife any day of the week but that's just my opinion

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 15:21 Quote
IndianaJonesWhip wrote:
tell you what, I'd choose new bike over wife any day of the week but that's just my opinion

Lol, you have not met the right person yet, you find a person that can suck a golf through 50ft of garden hose it might change you mind.

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 20:01 Quote
IndianaJonesWhip wrote:

ForeverAlone.jpg

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 20:03 Quote
mustclime wrote:
HeyBaumeister wrote:
mustclime wrote:

Sooooo she wants to upgrade from a yeti? As someone that’s been married for 25 years I have become fluent in “wife”. If a yeti is not good enough anymore that may mean she is tired of the blood, mud and scars that is mountain biking. I was just saying that the new long reach bikes kind of suck for women.

Counterpoint: Wife may be fully on board with the N + 1 formula because she's deep into Bike Life. She's a keeper.

OP, my wife's the same height as yours. We mulletted an XS Marin Hawk Hill (now known as Rift Zone 27.5). She digs it.

Edit: Missed the "moar travel" bit. Can't help ya there.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014182
Mobile Version of Website