Rockshox Vivid R2C Spring Compatibility

PB Forum :: Downhill
Rockshox Vivid R2C Spring Compatibility
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 15, 2022 at 14:07 Quote
I recently got a YT Tues base model, size XL. It came with the Rockshox Vivid R2C and a spring that reads 27x3.5 which I think I’m reading right, spring rate x stroke. I’m looking to put a heavier spring in but would like to upgrade to something better. What I’ve read so far I can’t use a fox spring, it doesn’t look like sprindex makes a spring that fits this shock, (unless I’m reading it wrong on the sprindex site) and I’m don’t think MRP makes one that fits either. Can anyone recommend a heavier spring that will fit this shock? Thanks in advance.

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 9:26 Quote
I have the same shock, and I just have rockshox springs. Don't know anything about upgrading them so just following this.

The other thing I have had trouble figuring out just starting rebound settings for a given spring rate to start working out from. Right now I am just guessing with a 450 lb spring on there (did the curb test however, and am probably pretty close on beginning stroke).

If anyone is a Vivid R2C expert, I could use some input on beginning stroke/ending stroke setup.

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 19:07 Quote
I had the same issue on my 2021 Tues. Got rid of the shock after last season, considered a DHX2 but could never find one in stock……estimated arrivals dates were always changing with retailers

Had MRP build me a Raze 10.5 x 3.5 over the winter and now it’s mounted and ready to go in a few weeks.

You are stuck with RS steel springs with that shock. I had to order several different springs from Bikeland in Canada to get it right finally….plus they were the only ones that had the 10.5 x 3.5 springs in stock.

The only upgrade I did try was a Ti spring from J&L that took about 3 weeks to arrive in the US. Really liked the feel of the Ti over the same rated RS steel spring. It fit fine but was abit larger inside diameter so it had a tendency to rub with the piggyback at different travel lengths when riding.

In the end though the R2C was not meant for me on the Tues.

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 4:05 Quote
Nukeproof lightweight steel, SAR race springs all work. MRP i think too

Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 1:45 Quote
Hi there,

I’ve Bergamont Straitline Team 2018 DH bike and it has Manitou Dorado Pro fork along with RockShox Vivid RC2 Coil shock. I am new to this level of high end bikes. I have searched info in many forums but finally got lost.

It has a 550x3.0 spring on it at the moment and ex-owner gave me 400x3.0 spring as well. I am 70 Kg and 173 cm tall. I chuck this information (76kg fully kitted/ shock stroke 76mm / wheel travel 210mm/ Plush DH %33 sag) on TfTuned spring calculator and it says I need 316lbs spring. As per my understanding on below bicycle specifications, minimum spring should be 350lbs.

1) Am I correct and on the right way?
2) If I can use minimum 350lbs, should new coil spring be 240x76mm? Can you just help me?

- Bicycle Specifications )https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Bergamont-Straitline-Team-27-5-Mountain-Bike-2018-Downhill-Full-Suspension-MTB_115511.htm)

Frame: 27.5" MTB, AL-6013 ultra strong butted tubing, T4/T6 heat treated, hydro fluid forming, high modulus carbon reartriangle, progressive link system, flip chip geometry fitting, adjustable dropout, 3D-forging, travel: 210 mm

Fork: Manitou Dorado Pro, 1 1/8", 200mm, air, IRT (infinite rate tuning), rebound, compression, 20x110mm axle

Rear Shock: Rock Shox Vivid Coil R2C, tune ML, 350/400/450lbs/in for S/M/L, rebound, compression, length x stroke: 240x76mm, hardware: 22,2x8mm / 16x8mm

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 3:24 Quote
TravellerSeko wrote:
Hi there,

I’ve Bergamont Straitline Team 2018 DH bike and it has Manitou Dorado Pro fork along with RockShox Vivid RC2 Coil shock. I am new to this level of high end bikes. I have searched info in many forums but finally got lost.

It has a 550x3.0 spring on it at the moment and ex-owner gave me 400x3.0 spring as well. I am 70 Kg and 173 cm tall. I chuck this information (76kg fully kitted/ shock stroke 76mm / wheel travel 210mm/ Plush DH %33 sag) on TfTuned spring calculator and it says I need 316lbs spring. As per my understanding on below bicycle specifications, minimum spring should be 350lbs.

2) If I can use minimum 350lbs, should new coil spring be 240x76mm? Can you just help me?

- Bicycle Specifications )https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Bergamont-Straitline-Team-27-5-Mountain-Bike-2018-Downhill-Full-Suspension-MTB_115511.htm)

Frame: 27.5" MTB, AL-6013 ultra strong butted tubing, T4/T6 heat treated, hydro fluid forming, high modulus carbon reartriangle, progressive link system, flip chip geometry fitting, adjustable dropout, 3D-forging, travel: 210 mm

Fork: Manitou Dorado Pro, 1 1/8", 200mm, air, IRT (infinite rate tuning), rebound, compression, 20x110mm axle

Rear Shock: Rock Shox Vivid Coil R2C, tune ML, 350/400/450lbs/in for S/M/L, rebound, compression, length x stroke: 240x76mm, hardware: 22,2x8mm / 16x8mm

Thats why I bought Fox Float X2. Im tired of getting the right coil when outside of Fox/ohlins/EXT its often impossible to do. They are either too soft or too stiff. Fox has springs every 25 lbs but the cost of them is a separate matter.

You write too many irrelevant things. You have the coil size on your bike, you just need different spring rate. Spring rates may change due to design of the frame that calculator dont take into consideration.

Have you already tested that 400 lbs spring ? If its too stiff go for 350 lbs and thats it. If the frame says you cant go any lower, then dont do that. You can always eat some pizza and put some weight on. Big Grin Or just get an air shock (if it fits). I would not also worry too much if you land on 30% sag instead of desired 33%. So be it, you will be faster.

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 8:47 Quote
chory wrote:
TravellerSeko wrote:
Hi there,

Thats why I bought Fox Float X2. Im tired of getting the right coil when outside of Fox/ohlins/EXT its often impossible to do. They are either too soft or too stiff. Fox has springs every 25 lbs but the cost of them is a separate matter.

You write too many irrelevant things. You have the coil size on your bike, you just need different spring rate. Spring rates may change due to design of the frame that calculator dont take into consideration.

Have you already tested that 400 lbs spring ? If its too stiff go for 350 lbs and thats it. If the frame says you cant go any lower, then dont do that. You can always eat some pizza and put some weight on. Big Grin Or just get an air shock (if it fits). I would not also worry too much if you land on 30% sag instead of desired 33%. So be it, you will be faster.

Thanks very much, mate

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 12:00 Quote
Similar travel as my 2018 GT Fury and I doubt the leverage ratio is wildly different. I am 5kg heavier than you and I run a 400 on the same Vivid Coil. If you want plush, get a 350, for a poppier ride, try the 400. The coils for that shock are pretty cheap if I recall.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 13:24 Quote
ShawMac wrote:
Similar travel as my 2018 GT Fury and I doubt the leverage ratio is wildly different. I am 5kg heavier than you and I run a 400 on the same Vivid Coil. If you want plush, get a 350, for a poppier ride, try the 400. The coils for that shock are pretty cheap if I recall.
I appreciate your help pal indeed

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006370
Mobile Version of Website