Santa Cruz Bronson v4 - no mullet?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Santa Cruz Bronson v4 - no mullet?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 16, 2022 at 1:46 Quote
Hello,

since I'm considering a bike change, I was wondering if I would be able to swap my current build, a 2019 v3 bronson x01 build with fox factory fork, reserve wheelset, on to a 2022 Bronson v4 frame, including 27.5 wheel and fork up front?

would it mess up the geo too much? would a v4 work as a full 27.5? wheel size per se isn’t important to me really and I am simply looking for just an updated bike without forking over too much cash.

I was even thinking of just going for the 5010 and drop the fork to 140mm. just to make things easier, but i'm not sure if the 5010 is enough for me since I pretty much suck and the Bronson saves my ass pretty much.

thank you

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 6:42 Quote
as the owner of a current 5010, I can say it's a really fun bike, but you definitely are reminded of the 130 mills of travel when you mess up. it's considerably less forgiving than my buddies last gen Bronson. cascade components does make a aftermarket suspension link that gives the bike 10 extra mils and more ramp up. that could be an option if you are trying to bridge the gap.

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 7:57 Quote
I had a V3 bronson and cracked it and they warrantied with a V4 which I didn't like after I demo'd it. I later demo'd the nomad which I much prefered. I didn't feel like it gave up very much playfulness compared to the bronson (v3 and v4) and was a bit more plush. I would do daily rides on it.

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 20:52 Quote
I have a v4 and have thought about it. You would want to make sure your stack height is close to the stock height. Would more than likely have to run 180mm travel fork. And that may even be too short.

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 21:29 Quote
It should be ok if you make up for the smaller wheel with enough a2c. The difference is about 30mm, so from if you have 160 now a 180mm fork and 10mm spacer under the headtube should do it (Jack Moir Strive 2021 style)

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005938
Mobile Version of Website