Specialized RX Trail tuned shock on Trek fuel ex frame

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Specialized RX Trail tuned shock on Trek fuel ex frame
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 18, 2022 at 1:41 Quote
Hi,

I have a 2021 Trek Fuel EX 8 XT.

I'm going to do some suspension upgrades on the bike with a new rear shock and a Fox 36 150mm fork.

I've found a great deal on a brand new unused 2022 Fox Float X Factory 210x55 removed from a Spezialized Stumpjumper Evo where the seller replaced it with a coil shock.

Will there be any hick ups with the Spezialized RX Trail Tune on the shock with my Trek frame? My current shock is the Trek RE:aktiv tuned Fox Float DPS.

The shock is 60% of the list price of a new Float X and DPX2, should I take the deal?

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 5:24 Quote
Hi,

40% off sounds like a good deal for a brand new rear shock!
I would ride it like it is on your Trek and if it really doesn't work for you with the LSC and LSR range you will have, you could always have it retuned, might still be cheaper than a new shock.

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 5:43 Quote
The price is 3500 sek (sweden) ~ 350 USD, a brand new is about 7800-8100 sek ~ 800 USD with tax.

I think I'll give it a go, since it's a 2nd hand brand new shock removed from a new bike I can't return it but in case the tune is weird with my frame I can re-sell it or have it rebuilt to Fox stock configuration with valves and so on at service

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 10:42 Quote
I now recieved the Fox Float X shock to upgrade from the Float DPS om my 2021 Fuel EX 8.

The Reaktiv tuned DPS shock has the following specs:

Part number: 972-61-248
Description: 2022_20, FLOAT ReAktiv, A, 3pos, Evol LV, Trek, EX130, 210, 55, 0.4 Spacer, CM, RM, RaM

The Specialized RX tune in the Float X has the following specs:

Part number: 979-63-015
Description: 2022, FLOAT X, F-S, K, 2pos-Adj, Evol LV, Specialized, SJ EVO S2-S6, 210, 55, 0.2 Spacer, CL, RF, Rezi LF, Neutral, Neutral Logo, N/M

What I understand the main difference of the shocks is the compression tune and the rebound tune except from different volume spacers.

Since I bought the shock brand new 2nd hand for less than 50% mrsp is it worth to send it to Fox for a custom tune? I would like to keep the pedaling performance for long XC rides since I do 75% XC and 25% bike park. The main reason for the upgrade was to gain some performance on longer decends at bike parks where I occationaly had some overheating on the DPS

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 11:53 Quote
You should try like that and send it to Fox for a retune only if it doesn't feel right after spending some time riding it

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005392
Mobile Version of Website