Most fun, all-rounded carbon trail-all mounted 27.5?

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Most fun, all-rounded carbon trail-all mounted 27.5?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 18, 2022 at 8:31 Quote
Road an Anthem 27.5 SX for a few years; was fun, nimble and a good climber. Not great for steep down and techy stuff.
On a Trance 27.5 now which is more capable on the techy stuffy and a bit better for downhill; although the bike feels a bit over-speced for it's geometry and uphill techy it pedal strikes often, steep downhill puts you a bit too far above and forward on the bike; great suspension though. Doesn't build or hold momentum as well as the anthem on uphill or flat sections but far superior on the downhill.

What would be a step up from the Trance? A bit better of a nimble climber with less pedal strike risk and more anti squat, but still downhill capable with more modern geometry? Giant seems to be moving completely away from carbon 27.5 options; new Trance X looks good but only AF.

I have been eyeing the Ibis Mojo 4 although pretty expensive...

What would you suggest for a fun, capable and nimble trail/all-mountain bike. That has a bit more enduro than the Trance 27.5 but still a n efficient, nimble climber

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 8:58 Quote
YT Jeffsy 27,5
canyon spectral 27,5
transition scout
trek remedy
specialized stumpjumper 650B
norco sight
pivot mach 6
yeti sb140

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 8:23 Quote
Revel Rail. Climbs like an XC because of the antisquat but 165 travel is plenty to get rowdy on the way down. I've had zero issues with mine. Just as fun as my Stumpy Evo was but with wayyyy less pedal strikes.

Posted: May 29, 2022 at 8:04 Quote
Glad to see there are still good options at 27.5, Giant has kind of abandoned it.

For my takes bike I want to either stick with 27.5 or look at a mullet option.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005526
Mobile Version of Website