2022 Pivot Mach 6 vs 2020 Mach 5.5?

PB Forum :: Pivot Cycles
2022 Pivot Mach 6 vs 2020 Mach 5.5?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 18, 2022 at 22:21 Quote
So I've had my Mach 5.5 for around two seasons now, and I've done a fair bit of upgrading. I swapped out the FIT4 Fox 36 for a 2022 Grip2 Fox 36, and swapped out the DPX2 for a Fox X2, and other upgrades. However, the Mach 6 has caught my eye.....

I do quite a bit of trail riding around my local Colorado trails, but I do quite a bit of park days at Trestle Bike Park, as well as lots of fire road/enduro rides. So that begs the question, Mach 5.5 or Mach 6?

I love my Mach 5.5, it feels confident on most things but I would like a little more travel and a more slack rig overall. I like the Mach 6 because it seems like a great happy medium of what I ride, which is more biased towards downhill, but still a capable rig for a long day in the saddle for efficient, stable, technical climbing.

I also like the geometry of the Mach 6, although similar there seem to be some noticeable differences between it and the Mach 5.5. The Flip Chip is also a nice addition and the vertical shock orientation seems like a solid idea too. Since Pivot just did a redo of all their bikes moving them to a vertical shock design, it seems like that seems to be a better way to orientate it compared to the 2018 5.5 horizontal design, and all the previous shock designs.

But has anyone had any experiences testing the new 2021/22 Mach 6 and the 5.5, that could offer their opinion on the two? If not, I'm open to any opinions or considerations, I'm kinda torn between the two now!

Cheers,
Jeremy

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007357
Mobile Version of Website