Looking for flat pedals that will allow for foot microadjustments with Freerider Pros?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Looking for flat pedals that will allow for foot microadjustments with Freerider Pros?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 19, 2022 at 23:59 Quote
I have a pair of 5.10 Freerider Pros and I use the HT PA03A flat pedals. All is well and good, except I cannot fix my foot position once i set the foot down, unless I lift the foot entirely and reposition. Which can be tricky on a trail mid-ride!

Sometimes my foot rotation will be a bit off, sometimes I'll put the foot a bit off-center of the platform, and when that happens, that's what I think about instead of what's in front of me. Yesterday it kept happening and I wasn't having the best time.

I'm considering going back to clipless pedals, but before I do, is this about the pedals? Are there good pedals out there that will allow for foot adjustment without completely sacrificing grip, or is this just how it is on flats if you want grip?

If you have pedals that work well for you, especially with Freerider Pros, let me know. It's time to go shopping.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 0:49 Quote
this is the reason i started to ride clips, but requires a good play with pedal/shoe combination to find what feels suitable, like Crankbrothers and shimano AM series shoes position the cleet quite far back so feel very flat like.

When going on a multi hour ride with alot of climbing i have to switch to clips or it stresses me out.

When riding really rough or fast stuff i prefer clips as its one less thing i have to worry about.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 11:20 Quote
grotesquesque wrote:
I have a pair of 5.10 Freerider Pros and I use the HT PA03A flat pedals. All is well and good, except I cannot fix my foot position once i set the foot down, unless I lift the foot entirely and reposition. Which can be tricky on a trail mid-ride!

Sometimes my foot rotation will be a bit off, sometimes I'll put the foot a bit off-center of the platform, and when that happens, that's what I think about instead of what's in front of me. Yesterday it kept happening and I wasn't having the best time.

I'm considering going back to clipless pedals, but before I do, is this about the pedals? Are there good pedals out there that will allow for foot adjustment without completely sacrificing grip, or is this just how it is on flats if you want grip?

If you have pedals that work well for you, especially with Freerider Pros, let me know. It's time to go shopping.

Play around with your Pin heights if you can,
I'm on OneUp Aluminiums with 5.10 Impacts.
when i first set them up (Pins full height) they stuck like shit to a blanket. amazing grip but couldn't adjust my foot without lifting.
Lowered all of my center pins with the washer kit for a more concave profile and its a much better balance. I actually find i have more grip on the pedal, but still have the freedom to shift a bit.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 13:16 Quote
Dwarfmarine wrote:
grotesquesque wrote:

Play around with your Pin heights if you can,
I'm on OneUp Aluminiums with 5.10 Impacts.
when i first set them up (Pins full height) they stuck like shit to a blanket. amazing grip but couldn't adjust my foot without lifting.
Lowered all of my center pins with the washer kit for a more concave profile and its a much better balance. I actually find i have more grip on the pedal, but still have the freedom to shift a bit.
Nice! That sounds exactly like my current predicament. Thank you for sharing, I'll give this a try!

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006196
Mobile Version of Website