Help: shock sizes for a process 154 dl

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Help: shock sizes for a process 154 dl
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 2:49 Quote
hi all,

ok so I have had an absolute nightmare with a frame so I am now looking for a new one. hence the call out for help.

I have a Fox Racing Shox DHX2 Factory Trunnion 2Pos-Adjust Shock 210mm x 55mm

there is a kona Process 154 dl 2019 Frame only on offer but the manufactures recommended rear shock size is 205mm x 60mm I have been advised that the fox shock might have a spacer in it so the 55 could be made into a 60, has anyone heard of this if so have you done it?

anyone have experience on what shocks work on this frame.

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 0:59 Quote
Rob-chappy-viking wrote:
hi all,

ok so I have had an absolute nightmare with a frame so I am now looking for a new one. hence the call out for help.

I have a Fox Racing Shox DHX2 Factory Trunnion 2Pos-Adjust Shock 210mm x 55mm

there is a kona Process 154 dl 2019 Frame only on offer but the manufactures recommended rear shock size is 205mm x 60mm I have been advised that the fox shock might have a spacer in it so the 55 could be made into a 60, has anyone heard of this if so have you done it?

anyone have experience on what shocks work on this frame.

Hi, I don't have any experience with the frame you're working with but I may be able to help with the shock.

if the shock is a trunnion mount, it will have threaded bolt holes that go into the top of the shock body like the picture on the right then it's either a 205mm or 185mm eye to eye length rather than 210. In this case there is a spacer(s) that can be removed to change the shock travel from 55mm to 65mm in 2.5mm increments. This must be done during a damper service I believe as the spacer limits the shaft from sticking out of the body further thus reducing the travel. I have not dones this myself but any competant suspension service center should be able to do it as part of a damper service.

Standard Eyelet vs Trunnion

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005879
Mobile Version of Website