Fox 36 Performance Elite knock?

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
Fox 36 Performance Elite knock?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: May 21, 2022 at 15:48 Quote
I've got a brand new 36 PE, Ive put approx 7 hours on it after it being returned to fox NZ for which they said they couldnt find an issue but its still there, they said they "pulled damper cart, greased IFP, new fluids - all fine"

My LBS is also convinced that there is something in the fork knocking and sounds/feels like the Air side - you can put hand on the air side by the dust wiper and feel it really strongly.

the below video shows the sound but needs volume turned up sorry - i can feel the movement in the fork when climbing anything rough and when unweighting the bike across rough stuff.
Trying to see what others think of this???
And yes its the fork, we took the fork out of the bike and can replicate the sound.

FL
Posted: Jun 6, 2022 at 16:50 Quote
Have exactly same bike and exactly same problem. I will send the fork to Fox anytime soon. I will let you once I know more

FL
Posted: Jul 21, 2022 at 15:03 Quote
KiithSjet wrote:
Have exactly same bike and exactly same problem. I will send the fork to Fox anytime soon. I will let you once I know more

UPDATE: Got my fork from warranty and bushings were replaced.

Posted: Apr 10, 2023 at 0:36 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
I've got a brand new 36 PE, Ive put approx 7 hours on it after it being returned to fox NZ for which they said they couldnt find an issue but its still there, they said they "pulled damper cart, greased IFP, new fluids - all fine"

My LBS is also convinced that there is something in the fork knocking and sounds/feels like the Air side - you can put hand on the air side by the dust wiper and feel it really strongly.

the below video shows the sound but needs volume turned up sorry - i can feel the movement in the fork when climbing anything rough and when unweighting the bike across rough stuff.
Trying to see what others think of this???
And yes its the fork, we took the fork out of the bike and can replicate the sound.

Hi, I am in the same situation, have you found any fix? I see someone saying the bushings have to pe replaced but I don't understand how that's the case with a brand new bike. Mine had this issue since 0 km.

Posted: Apr 10, 2023 at 0:38 Quote
KiithSjet wrote:
KiithSjet wrote:

UPDATE: Got my fork from warranty and bushings were replaced.

Did Fox say anything else about the situation? It's absurd imo to have to replace the bushings inside a brand new product... things is I'm in the same situation but I live in a country with no Fox support so it's a massive hassle sending.. could you give me any more info on your fix?

Posted: Aug 12, 2023 at 7:52 Quote
Any updates, i have a brand new 34 Rhytm with the exact same noise?

FL
Posted: Aug 12, 2023 at 8:46 Quote
They did replaced bushings and it was good just for few rides. After sending it to Fox for second time and fixing the bushings I decided to sell the fork. I lost trust in Fox and got RS. I got say that Fox Canada was very helpful and their customer service was great. I just can't have knocking fork..

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008933
Mobile Version of Website